[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Helmet decals?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Helmet decals?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:32 pm 

Alright, before too many eyes roll, I'm aware this is considered superfluous and even blasphemy (gasp! Warranties voided!!!), but this is the gear and ACCESSORIES thread. At the end of last season when I rode home with my helmet visor flapping in the wind and the peak completely missing, my better half suggested I wear a helmet that will last if I "insist on not taking care of my stuff." I confess I loooove my new Aria helmet. Fits better. Quiet. Can see through the visor. But it's kinda..... Dull. Id like to dress it up, tastefully. All the helmet decor I can find are branded stuff like Fox or Monster drinks, or amazingly offensive sayings. Not really my thing. Anyone know of anyone that makes/sells helmet decals that are a little but more befitting an (aspiring) adventure rider?

Post subject: Re: Helmet decals?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:22 pm 

You could check this place in Saskatoon. I know the owner he is a great guy, http://hardpressed.ca/services/ im sure they could hook you up. Alos if the club ever wanted to do shirts or anything he is quite talented. :)

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm 

What a neat local company! I am definitely ordering a couple of those t-shirts as bday gifts! I'm probably not looking to order enough to make it worth their while, but I'll shoot them an e-mail to see what sort of decals they might have on hand. Thanks!

Anyone use that vinyl wrap stuff for small stuff? I seen it used instead of getting new plastics, and it looks great, but not sure how it would be on more intricate small stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:40 pm 

I've been corrected. It's a Shoei helmet, not aria. Whatever. Not my gender role to know bike brands. :)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 pm 

this is a picture of my son's race helmet, the decal on the helmet is our family coat of arms. Abacus signs in Saskatoon did this up for us as well as installing it. It has stood up for very well for many yrs. and high speed air whipping over it. (140+mph) If you send them a jpeg of whatever you like they can print it off for you.

Attachments:
20140217_201527[1].jpg
20140217_201527[1].jpg [ 1006.8 KiB | Viewed 445 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:11 pm 

That looks amazing! Thanks Stu!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:42 pm 

I like the club tee-shirts idea. I've been thinking about that for a while....

Maybe I'll check and see how much they charge. If I can get enough interest from all of you I'd consider ordering a batch and distributing.

Also, we need to figure out what to put on them. I like the standard SDSC logo on the front (like at the top left of this web page), but what to put on the back... maybe a rough map of Saskatchewan labeled "Our Playground" or something like that. Any thoughts?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:42 pm 

How about "Pissing off farmers since 2009." :lol: :lol: :lol:

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:31 pm 

I admit, I had no interest in Rendezvous 2014 until they started designing stickers and patches for it! :lol:
Loved the carbon fiber design Invariant did up! T-shirts would be great.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:06 pm 

Former: 82 Honda XL500R, 80 KZ750LTD, 01 XT225, 80 XS650, 07 Vulcan 900, 08 Vulcan 500, 03 Vulcan 500, 83 KZ440LTD

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories