[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Where to get boots
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Where to get boots
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:26 pm 

Just looking for shops to buy boots besides rec supply. Looking for some 3/4 or fall length boots. I would even consider ordering some but don't know how they fit and cant find any unbiased review on any. Any help would be great.

Post subject: Re: Where to get boots
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:41 am 

I like RevZilla website, they are in the us but have great product review videos and a free shipping exchange policy as well as a huge selection. I personally haven't bought anything from them yet but that is solely because some of the gear they sell they won't ship to canada due to the fact that there are canadian dealers here already.

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:39 pm 

Try Atomic Moto for reviews then order from Canada's Motorcycle-free shipping.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:54 pm 

Thanks guys. Just tried my first pair of boots on today at the Fun dealer. They only had white, and that was my only requirement was not white. I really don't know how they should fit. This stuff confuses me. I had a pair of Sidi bicycle shoes and was in love with them. But the boots are just way too expensive to justify. I really needed them today as I was driving around wearing slip on shoes in below zero weather.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:59 pm 

Next to your helmet boots are the most important piece of safety gear you can own. Mine have saved me a lot of pain, and at least one broken leg.

If you're into dual-sporting just make sure they are comfortable and you can wear them all day for days on end. I know it's tough to know that until you've owned them for a while, but if they don't feel good in the store they likely won't feel good on the trail. Most MX boots are NOT like leather boots, where if you want a good fit you need to buy them a bit too tight and break them in. I find that when you try them on that's pretty much how they're going to feel.

Good luck with the search. You did the right thing going to FFUN - if you like a pair that you try on you can always buy them online if FFUN doesn't have the colour you want or their price is double what you can get them for on Ebay. At least you'll know in advance how they fit. Did that exact thing when I bought my first Arai XD helmet - tried it on at a dealer to figure out what size I needed and how it would feel, then bought it online for $180 less.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:28 am 

I tried all kinds of mx boots here and all over edmonton. Most are stiff as shit. Most comfortable one i liked was at rec supply. Fox undertow its called . They still sell them. Was there today

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:25 pm 

I bought a pair of Firstgear Kathmandu boots from Canada's MC for $180. They're black leather, waterproof, have a decent grip and they're fairly flexible out of the box. They are a less expensive version of the Alpinestars Scout waterproof boot (which run about $270).

I've had my Kathmandus in water, deep mud, etc. and they do what they're supposed to. They're comfortable enough, but could use a bit more padding and maybe a bit more stiffness for protection.

All in all, I'm happy with them. Next time, I'd maybe look at the Alpinestars.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:02 pm 

Well thanks everyone for all the good advice. I ended up getting the Alpinestar Scout Waterproof boots from Canada's Motorcycle http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/alpines ... boots.html I have read good things about them. I went to rec supply and tried on a pair of Alpinestar boots and the fit was good. They also had the Goretex boots for a good price but didn't want to spend another $200 which I hope I don't regret later. I will Keep you guys updated on what I think of them in the future. Steve

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 pm 

Well I got the boots and here are my findings . First off this is my first pair of boots and I don't know what I'm looking for in them . I was riding with hiking boots before and loved the support. With these boots I feel like I'm wearing slippers. The ankles there is lots of movement, guess that a good thing for shifting. The rest of the boots don't have much protection but they are light. They are very warm, but were heading into the summer and also they are waterproof. The soles don't have much support for my foot and feel very flat.

Is this normal for riding boots ? I am considering getting some Sidi Discovery rain boots instead http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/sidi-di ... boots.html Would that be more what I'm looking for ?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:42 am 
Site Admin

just get MX boots Scuba.. the way you ride, you need armor, not comfy loafers.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories