[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Tubliss
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Re: Tubliss
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 pm 

Well.... I just installed tubliss on my rear rim. . It was a bit of work, more than a normal tire install but hopefully it will last for a few years without having to replace the inside bladder. The instructions were good and the install went smooth. I'm not giving it the ok until tomorrow when I check the tire pressures again.
I am excited to have to not worry about getting flats in bad places with hard repairs, having to rip the tire off to replace a tube. I don't know if the tubliss is going to be a PITA itself and give me worries in the future but all looks well so far. Like I said I just installed it.

The bad is the 100lbs tube that is hard to find a gage to check the pressure and the very unbalanced wheel that you have to get some big wheel weights to balance out the new wheel lock and the new 11 bolt/valve.

So I'm unsure at the moment if this is a good or bad idea. I tried a tubless system on my mountain bike with poor results, so I hope this works.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:43 pm 

Mini Bicycle pumps go that high

i use 110psi

i check it once a month. might go down 10psi

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:01 am 

if im doing offroad riding only i run like 12-15 psi both tires

softer ride and much better traction

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:16 pm 

If your interested you could get one of these fox air pumps. Compact and has gauge right on it.

Got one with my new sled.

So u can prob get one from proline no problem. $30

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/fox-air-pump

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:43 pm 

Once you go Tubliss you'll never go back my friend! I'm on my 3rd season of my first Tubliss install for my trail bike (not a DS). I keep a road bicycle hand pump in my pack which goes up to 160 psi, though I've never had to use it. As long as you don't ride through a bin of nails I'd be surprised if you ever have trouble with the high pressure inner tube. Combine that with the ability to drop the pressure down low enough to grab onto everything like a clamp in the backcountry...well, let's just say I enjoy pretending it's skill and not technology get gets me to the end of the gnarly tracks first %-(

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:30 pm 

Can't believe I'm excited to have tubeless tires. Is this the same excitement they had back in the 50's

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:40 pm 

Did u do the front yet

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:00 pm 

No I didn't Caltrex. I have a newish tire in front. The instructions said not to reuse tires and I don't want to buy an new tire. (if it aint broke don't fix it )

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:39 am 

if its newish i would not worry about it

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:36 pm 

The issue with installing a used tire isn't the tire itself but the grooves left by the rim lock. If the grooves are deep enough the inner bladder can't seal against the tire. If you remove the tire and let it sit for a while (overnight) to let those grooves relax you can install a used tire. I've only done this on MX tires not DOT though. I'm not sure how the sidewalls on the DOTs look after the rimlock has a go at em.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories