[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - 15% off all accessories at Crazy Al's Bikerleathers.ca
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

This Weekend Only!
ALL RIDING GEAR IS ON SALE, don't wait don't hesitate buy now and save 15% OFF EVERYTHING ON OUR WEBSITE, all riding leathers, helmets, rain gear, everything store wide is 15% off use coupon code 15off at check out.

Remember bikerleathers.ca is Canada's real Canadian Motorsports Superstore we ship from our huge Canadian warehouses so you don't have to worry about duties, brokerage fees and No hassle exchanges.

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:09 pm 

Ken did you actually post this? Or did crazy Al hack our site and use your profile?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: yes I actually posted this. Cut and paste from an email they sent because I've ordered from them in the past (leather chaps and got a sweet deal on a really small DOT beanie helmet)
=))

They have MX stuff there as well... they had KLIM stuff last year but looks like they stopped selling it now

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

they happen to stock the worlds smallest DOT helmet which I know is extremely important for the DS crowd... I mean come on, how dumb would I look wearing a bulky helmet. Wouldn't be caught dead out in public like that.

comparison-banner.jpg
comparison-banner.jpg [ 81.22 KiB | Viewed 502 times ]

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:54 pm 

=)) =)) =))

You need the moustache too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to take a look - I wouldn't be caught dead in something more protective, like an Arai XD... :-?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:01 pm 

I must admit to buying an open face helmet this year (has a fair bit more coverage than the one in the photo though.
I really like riding with it and the higher windshield on the V Strom, that is till this morning when it was plus 1 on the way to work and the little ice pellets were bombarding my sensitive little cheeks, that sucked!!!!

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 pm 

Crashed once and skidded down the pavement at 80 km/h on my cheek. Had a full face helmet. I will NEVER wear an open-face helmet!! If I had been wearing one that day I'd be severely disfigured (and I'm ugly enough to begin with).

Also have no desire to break my jaw. Anything I can do to minimize the chance of injury...(except not riding, of course!).

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:40 pm 

Yes you are spot on with your comments, an open face can in no way provide the protection of a fiull face helmet and I pondered that hard before buying the open face. I have been using it to ride to work and using full face everywhere else so hope I do not regret it someday..

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:50 pm 

When i was maybe 7 or 8 years old i decided it would be smart to ride my little 49cc honda into a squiggly rut on the gravel road, i was wearing an old school golden flake open faced helmet from the 80s and my decision resulted in me doing a face plant into the gravel and scraping most of the skin off my nose. That was my first crash every and ever since then i have thought that open face helmets are ridiculous. But I guess if you wanna look "cool" then the little scull cap is the way to go! :thumb:

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 am 

Sorry Stan. Didn't mean to hack on your choice. If you want to wear it that's up to you. But I know I won't.

Begin rant: :y0!:

I wish that in a motorcycle accident SGI would look at the helmet being worn and determine what they would cover based on the helmet and other gear. I mean, our insurance rates are ridiculously high mostly because it's expensive to fix people when they get hurt.

If you're wearing an open-face helmet in an accident SGI should refuse to cover things like dental surgury or plastic surgury - if you're worried about that stuff you should protect yourself. If you're wearing inappropriate pants, jacket, or footwear then they should refuse to cover you for scar payments. I guess basic survival stuff should always be covered (i.e. brain trauma or severe fractures etc.), but a lot of this other stuff that could be prevented with proper gear should be cut out. It could save a lot of money, and the rider can still choose whether he/she wants to wear the good protection or wants to take the chance.

In addition, if a rider is off work because of injuries that could have been prevented with proper gear sustained in a motorcycle accident, that time should not be covered as well.

It grates on me to no end that my insurance is high because of people who wear beanie helmets and tee-shirts while riding.

End rant.

This isn't aimed at you, Stan :freaky: - I know your helmet is a lot better than a beanie, and I also know you're a hell of a good rider and have a lot of experience and from what I've seen you wear all the proper gear. But there are lots of clowns out there who don't have the experience and wear those little things.

Sorry for the rant and the thread hijack... :hide: :loco: :dhorse: :tough:

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories