[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - New KLIM Latitude Suit.
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: New KLIM Latitude Suit.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:56 am 

First ride with the KLIM Gear, and to be honest I am disappointed. Not a lick of rain, not even a single drop. Was so excited at the possibility of not having to stop and pull on the Monkey suit but no luck, beautiful weather and not a stitch of rain. Oh well one can only hope it comes soon right?

Took off on Friday and did about 350k, all fo it slab, but the suit was wonderful. Shorts and a shirt underneath and I was very comfortable, it's a bit stiff but I suspect that's normal and eventually the suit will 'give' a bit as time progresses.

Some new things, as the cuffs are quite different than the old Ralley 2 BMW Suit I had. Reminds me of the old "Bell Bottom" pants of the 70's have to remember to put the gloves on before wrapping up the Velcro on the sleeves. and with the extra space, event he Gauntlets are much simper to get on didn't wear them but had a go.

Pockets and storage space on the Jacket itself are abundant and easy to access, I really appreciate the two breast pockets and how simple it is to access them with the Gloves on and wow what a massive amount of space. I do rather like the "Secret" pocket, will have to find something to stash in there. Neat little feature that is. Small pocket inside the jacket which cannot be seen until you take the jacket off....

Pants were ample and easy to get on, comfortable even against the bare skin of the legs (As I was wearing shorts) Again pockets were easy to get into and out of with gloves on another major bonus.

Curious as to why the Zipper to connect the Pants to the jacket is on the inside rather than the outside of the pants, but again Time will probably reveal the purpose of that to me.

Only possible thing I could say about the whole setup is there's a draft on the Hips (Although this again it probably more to do with it being new to me rather than anything else) but it did provide a bit of a draft up one's sides which kept the kidney's cool.

All in all, what an amazing bit of gear. Could not be happier with the suit and I am so hoping for a good rain storm.

Scratch

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:41 pm 

Keep us posted when you hit the rain. With 7 months of winter in this God-forsaken land you need to be able to ride in the rain or you only have 3 weeks of motorcycling per year.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories