[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Best gloves to buy?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Best gloves to buy?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:18 pm 

I need some new gloves for next years season, any suggestions of brands and or styles that any of you have had success with or brands to avoid? thx guys

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post subject: Re: Best gloves to buy?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:28 pm 

On the cruiser i always wear these, they are cool with the mesh and lightweight, very comfortable. One of my better purchases.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/evs-lag ... loves.html

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:22 pm 

Are you looking for cold weather gloves, rain gloves (waterproof) or just light gloves?

For most summer riding I have a pair of mechanics' gloves I bought at Home Depot for $13.95. Beats $45 for a pair of Fox dirtbike gloves that really don't offer any more protection and weather-proofing. And they're comfortable too.

I have a pair of rain gloves - have to check the brand - $54.99 at Rec Supply. I really like them - they're very good at keeping my hands dry from rain and road spray, and they're light enough to wear in summer. They are a bit warmer than the mechanics' gloves, which is what you want on those rainy 15 degree days in June and July.

I also have a pair of heavy winter riding gloves - again, I have to check the brand. They're actually snowmobiling gloves, but they work well when you're riding your bike at near 0 degrees. They are water resistant, but not waterproof (found that out one very rainy Alberta ride in the floods of 2005). Bought them about 10 years ago, so I can't remember what they cost, but it was probably around $90-$100. They are a very substantial glove though.

Let me know if you're interested in either of the last two and I will check the brand and type for you (if I can find it). The mechanics' gloves are easy to find lots of places, and relatively cheap.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:49 pm 

Thx guys, well I'm looking for both types of gloves as I don't do too much cold weather riding. Something light and flexible yet durable enought to withstand a hand plant on asphalt as I've been there before;) also don't want to break the bank but I'm a fan of quality as well.

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

I've used a couple different Klim gloves over the last few years and they have both been a good fit. I had the Adventure glove which I really liked but eventually wore out and the Dakar which is a lightweight glove I use the majority of the time now for warm weather riding. I'd recommend either of them.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:32 am 

I use these

Attachments:
2012-thor-motocross-insulator-glove.jpg
2012-thor-motocross-insulator-glove.jpg [ 57.67 KiB | Viewed 605 times ]
20140516_161448-1 copy.jpg
20140516_161448-1 copy.jpg [ 285.91 KiB | Viewed 605 times ]
20140516_161530-1 copy.jpg
20140516_161530-1 copy.jpg [ 291.82 KiB | Viewed 605 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:08 pm 

I'm going to second the Klim gloves, 2 seasons and several good falls and the stitching is starting to let go on the adventure ones. I have the short element gloves too, I have worn them all day in the rain at 1deg and didn't have a problem.

R1200GS
KLR650

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories