[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Updating your GoPro Warning
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:47 pm 

I dont recommend updating your gopro camera

I updated my 3+ to the newest firmware and it screwed the camera up.

They sent me a new camera and just got it today a week later. Good customer service.

They shipped me the new one before i even shipped the old one back to them.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:02 am 

Did a BIOS update on my $1100 Samsung laptop last year. Before I started the update it said it would require a restart (for the BIOS you'd kind of expect that). Anyway, I had it updating while I was watching TV, then I looked over at the computer and it had the blue Windows restart screen up (Do you want to restart now?).

I clicked "Yes" and immediately knew I'd screwed it up because once the window went away I could see that the BIOS was still updating in the background. Bricked it. The power light comes on, but the screen won't even light up.

The window was for Windows Update, not the BIOS update. Nice of Samsung to even permit Windows to restart during a BIOS update. :evil: Not only that, their help desk recommended that I take the computer to their "Vancouver Outlet" as that was the closest one that would have a chance at doing that type of servicing. I don't think they realize it's an 18 hour drive to Vancouver from here.

Will not buy another Samsung product. I can't even write a letter to their CEO to complain - no address to send it to on their website.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:16 am 
Site Admin

I updated my 3+ black wirelessly using the smartphone app. No issues.
I was kinda hoping I'd brick it so I could get a brand new one :-bd

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories