[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Armour suits
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Armour suits
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:07 am 

Just wondering what armour suits everyone is wearing? I'm planning on buying one for next season but would like to hear from house guys what you found to be good.

Post subject: Re: Armour suits
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:49 am 

I absolutely love my Fox Titan. I can't say enough about it. It's super comfortable, has lots of adjustments, fits great under a jersey or a coat, and has saved my chest, back and forearms on more than one occasion.

Easily one of the best safety investments I've made for dual sport riding.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:17 am 
Site Admin

I've tried a few different body armors (EVS , Alpinestars, Leatt) and always found them too hot or restictive. The most comfortable and ventilated armor I've found is the Troy Lee BG5955 chest guard. It's much better armor than a standard roost guard. Throw in elbow pads and it has the same protection as any full suit.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:54 pm 

I've used the fox one for 4yrs. No issues and good price.

Never really got hot. I let the bike do the work instead of my body. Haha

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:37 pm 

I'm a big fan of the Acerbis Cosmo. Can be worn as a full suit for max protection or the sleeves/chest can be separated. I worn 661, fox, TLD in the past and this one is my preference so far. I have thoroughly tested its crash worthiness several times unfortunately, but at least I can confidently say it provides a lot of protection. :)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:10 pm 

Thanks for the advice guys. According to my body I seem to require elbow, shoulder, and knee protection specifically on the left had side, or at least that's the direction I've been falling this year. Got a pretty nasty gash on the elbow at the swift current mx track.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:43 pm 

Using a Leatt airfit 3df. Heat forming kinetic armour, shapes to your body while you ride,or in my case sweat because you're in terrible shape. Armour stays soft and flexible until impact then hardens at the location. Similar to the 3D0 Klim stuff. Been rocked rolled and otherwise beat up and can tell you I wont race without it. Knees i have the Leatt dual axis. Not quite a knee brace, but also not quite a knee brace. Hard to think there is better frontal protection available. No real torsion protection though.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:42 pm 

I've been looking at the 3df suit but without a hands on it's hard to comit to a new concept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Armour suits
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:06 pm 

Bought mine just using the chart at leatt and bought at gpbikes. It's pretty stretchy so I wouldn't worry too much about threading the needle on size. If you wanted to see some before commiting anyone is welcome to see or try mine on for size. Pretty much everyone I ride with now has the 3df, leatt adventure or the 5.5. Seeing and feeling really is believing. Good stuff. The 3df fits like a glove, you won't feel like you have anything on, but it's a little harder to put on than the other two, but the other two are less form fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories