[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Camping mattress
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Re: Camping mattress
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:09 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 pm 

It was flawless. So much better than a self inflating or roll up foam, and less than 1/4 the size. another thing I experimented with was a light weight(warmer weather) sleeping bag and then using a Mylar blanket on top of that. This was nearly as warm as say a huge -20 bag, or that's how it felt. So yah the mattress, and sleeping bag pack into a 10l roll top Sack with room to spare. Another new piece of kit I used was The sea line Baja bags that cabelas sells. picked them up on sale, proved to be durable and versatile.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:34 am 

I picked up the same air mattress after the season last fall on sale from Can tire as well. Good to hear some real world feed back. And saves a bunch of space over my thermorest i am presently using.
Safety Stu

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 pm 

Nah I will stick with my thermorest, I have tried everything except that.

I like the insulation factor between me and the ground. I know I am talking to veterans but I am getting to old to sleep on the cold hard ground after riding all day!

I just can't quit?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:49 pm 

I use an exped expedition 5 mattress. The pump can be compressed into a tiny little pancake and the entire mat packed up is probably 7 inches long and maybe 3-4 inches diameter. Down filled top and R value of 1.7. They have a huge variety depending on your dimensions and r value needs. I've used mine to below zero and its been durable and comfy and extremely portable.

http://www.exped.com/canada/en/product- ... e-plus-5-m

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories