[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - What tires should i get?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: What tires should i get?
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:39 pm 

I have my good off road wheels for doing that.

Need some news tires for my second set of rims for street use and some off road

70% pavement
30% offroad

just looking for suggestions

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:30 pm 

My bike came from the previous owner with twinduro tires on them good grip on the roads but with all the power of the ktm I found the rear slipped a lot on gravel. The front still has life left but the rear is almost done and if you want I can bring them in for you this weekend.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am 

I have run a few sets of Mefo sport explorer's, not sure if they come in the sizes you need but they are a good dualsport tire in that 70-30 range.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:14 pm 

Anyone try kendas?

It says 80% road. 20% off road

They looked good

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 am 

I run Kenda K270s on my KLR. They are great on gravel, but they're noisy on pavement and the flex a lot in the corners. They're a 50-50 tire, so they might not be the best for what you're looking for. I love them because they're excellent on gravel and their soft sidewalls make them easy to change on the trail (I've done this a few times) which is what you want on an adventure ride.

If you're looking for a great gravel road/adventure tire I highly recommend them. If you're more interested in carving pavement twisties then I'd go with something like the K761, which sucks on gravel compared to the 270 but is pretty good on pavement.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 am 

the k761 tread looks to solid for any gravel roads

I won't have to take any tires off on the trail. I run tubliss

im liking these

http://www.kendatire.com/en/home/motorc ... block.aspx

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:33 pm 

this tire stuff is giving me a headache

my original tire was rear 140/80- 18

can i use a 120?

some different tires can't get exact size

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:19 pm 

I'm looking at the K60 tires...

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 pm 

I'm not sure about the KTM, but on the XR they say you can run anything from a 100 to a 140. It's an 18" like yours... Don't see why the KTM would be any different. If you were going to a bigger tire you'd have to watch out for clearances to the swing arm, muffler, etc. But going smaller this wouldn't matter.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:55 pm 

I'm running 110 100 18 on mine they are same dia as stock. It's the size the xcr-w runs and what I had on my first set on the drz but my second set of tires were 120 100 18 and they were fine. I found the option from seeing the xcrw sizes in the manual.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories