[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Arai XD-4
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Arai XD-4
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:51 pm 

I have had this helmet for a couple months now and absolutely love it! It is definitely not cheap but if I had to I would buy one again without hesitating. The fit and finish of the helmet is phenomenal and the overall design is very well though out. I can wear my goggles (very large goggles made to fit over my prescription glasses) with the visor still on the helmet without a problem. There are 7 air vents all together and on cooler mornings I have to shut most of them, but with them open on a hot day ventilation is good. I can shoulder check and look around on the highway while barely noticing the wind grabbing the peak. If anyone is looking for a high end dual sport helmet I highly recommend it.

Post subject: Re: Arai XD-4
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:23 pm 

I have an old XD-2 that I have worn for 5 years, and I love it too. It was pricey, as you say, but it's very comfortable and stylish and the visor opening provides a very clear field of view. The visor is easy to remove if you want to run with just goggles too. I tried on the Zox helmet at Rec Supply and it doesn't feel right - the pads scratched my cheeks when I took it off and the field of view was much more restricted. About 1/4 the price though...

I need a new helmet, but the one thing I don't like about the XD-4 are the new paint schemes. I love my current one, but if I get an XD-4 I'll have to go with the black or matte black.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post subject: Re: Arai XD-4
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:54 pm 

After some more time with the helmet I find that the clear coat is way too soft in my opinion. I does not take much to scuff the helmet. Not really scratch it as the paint is still there but the clear coat is kind of scuffed up and gets that way by it seams even by cleaning it. I still Love it and would buy another but thought I would point this out for others maybe considering it. I agree with you on the paint schemes kiffer, but I have heard that the matte black is harder to keep looking clean as that was what I originally wanted. Something to look into if you consider upgrading from your XD2.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories