[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Mitas e07
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Mitas e07
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:05 pm 

Anybody used those before? I'm Looking at the E07, a 50/50 tire. I just finished a set of K60 and I thought they were a great compromise for my type of riding. I now have Pirelli Scorpion Trail for an upcoming trip next month but once they are done I want to go back to a 50/50 tire. The Mitas are at a great price, about $250 for a set with free shipping and the K60 Scout, about $350 + shipping but I never heard about Mitas. I was also looking at the E09 and E10 but I ride about 15000km a year and the e07 rear should be good for over 15000km from the few sites I read about them.

http://www.mx1canada.com/

I think they look GREAT but I never heard about Mitas before!

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post subject: Re: Mitas e07
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:49 am 

I use the Dunlop 606s. They are great for mud and ok on the road!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:33 pm 

The problem with my big enduro (r1200gs) is the tires sizes. 110/80 19 front and 150/70 17 plus like I said I'm looking for something that last, at least 12000km for the rear, so that why I'm looking at a 50/50 tire. I ride my bike to work and just that is over 1500km a month (120KM return) Most motocross, smaller enduros and the KTMs have 90/90 21 front and 18 back 130 or 140. I think the 950/990 may have a 150 but still in 18 inch rim. For Dunlop the only tire that would fit is the TR91 dual sport similar to the Pirelli's I'm using right now.

This is what the K60 Scout tires look like, the Mita e07 front and rear have similar thread and looks like it would be a better off-road tire plus, over $100 cheaper for a set.

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

the 990 stock rear tire is 150/70-18 but there aren't many options for offroad oriented tires at that size. There's the TKC 80's but they cost a fortune for that size. Most people, including myself use the D908RR which is 140/80-18. They don't last very long unfortunately.

Those Mitas look interesting - I've never heard of them before either. Seems they have an 80/20 tire as well for a good price but looks like its too small for the 990 :(

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:43 pm 

I ordered a few tires over the years from this guy in Montreal and never had a problem. If you love the TKC that's the best price in Canada:

http://www.petes-superbike.com/english/tkc-80.html

For me the rear would last maybe 6000 to 8000km I would need 2 or maybe 3 tires a year, but I'm thinking about trying the front.

Time to go back to bed....

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories