[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Tubliss
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Tubliss
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 am 

How fast you can fix a flat if your using tubliss system. came across this vid

http://youtu.be/vkj4nGnsNTM

Post subject: Re: Tubliss
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 am 

and vid for people who don't know what exactly is in there

http://youtu.be/nrNpccioeWI

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 am 

Caltrex;

so i had a look at the video, the system looks a little more complicated that a regular 100 yr old tube concept, but i can see the benefits. what have the tubliss kits cost for a 21" and 17" wheels? and is the wheel width a factor?

the only thing i am not happy about is drilling another hole into the rim... yeah it seems stupid but there it is

i think i saw a post awhile ago about somebody bring this stuff back from calgary, who is the most reasonably priced source?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:30 am 

Cycle works in Calgary was cheapest. $99

Looks like they only make 18,19,21 right now

http://www.nuetech.com/index.shtml

2012 KTM 390 EXC-F

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:49 am 

okay so they are not free... and i've only every had one flat on a front tire, so the 21" would not be my primary pick... this i guess will not happen as fast as i first thought, but good to know all he same

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 pm 

If you are running Tubliss, I'd recommend you still carry a regular tube as a backup. There was a guy running Tubliss at McLean Creek on one of our evening rides last summer; he picked up a nail somewhere on the route that went through the tire and into the Tubliss tube.

It does seem like a great idea for pure offroad use (where a nail is not likely to be found) to prevent pinch flats, but I'm still leery using one when my riding takes me off the trail and onto a road.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:54 am 

Interesting. I was wondering what would happen for a long nail puncture.

I'd never use one in New Mexico! :lol: :lol:

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 am 

The tube is tiny

I carry one in my pocket incase

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories