[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Helmet Style/Dual Sport Or Not
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 pm 

I have 4 different helmets and the are all Large

So I think most should fit the same

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

I have the variant and like it a lot. I wear size large - the one I have is large and fits perfectly.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 pm 

That's good news! I am a large in most helmets so I should be fine. I will know early next week, one way or the other. Thanks for the info.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:54 pm 

Hi Invariant what brand of goggles fit your icon varient helmet the best? I am going to be shopping for some so any advice on what works best is appreciated!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 am 
Site Admin

The Smith Fuel goggles fit with the variant. I think they are discontinued now ( its fuel and not the fuel 2.0)

medscaleSmith-Fuel-Motocross-Goggles-Black-1.jpg
medscaleSmith-Fuel-Motocross-Goggles-Black-1.jpg [ 24.22 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:11 am 

thanks for the heads up on the goggles!! I got the helmet yesterday in size large. It fits perfectly, alittle tight in the cheek area, but that is comman with this helmet and I think they will loosen up with some use. Very comfortable and light helmet, I am very happy with it! Next up is some gloves, goggles and a good jacket for mostly summer use. I am gonna get into Regina and try on some good clothes, the Icon Contra? jacket has some good reviews out on the web, anybody in Saskatoon /Regina know of a good place to shop for Motorcycle clothes? I am going to Toon town a couple of times over the next month so any advice is appreciated, Invariant did you get your goggles at a local shop? If yes shoot me the name, I will check them out!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Rec Supply is a pretty good shop for gear in Saskatoon. They have lots of goggles to choose from. You should bring your helmet with you and check if the goggles fit.

They also carry Klim gear if you happen to have a a thousand bucks to drop on a new jacket :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm 

No I don't have a grand for a jacket, must be a real nice jacket though! Thanks for the shop advice, I will check them out when I get up to toon town in March.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 am 

The Klim stuff is supposed to be excellent, but by the time you've bought all the Klim gear you could have had a whole other bike for the same money.

I'll take a spare KLR sitting in the garage and a Tourmaster jacket please... :lol:

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 pm 

So i love to listen to music when i ride(maybe worthy a new forms worthy "riding tunes"). In my search i read that MP3 earphone are dangerous in a crash even a low speeds. mostly form the head phones getting ripped from your ears. makes sense to me. anyone have a wired helmet or Bluetooth. My experience with blue tooth accessories has not been so great.

2012 wr250

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories