[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Helmet Style/Dual Sport Or Not
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 pm 

Hi I am looking for a new helmet for riding around town and some trail rides. The dual sport helmet style looks pretty cool, but I think the main advantage is that you can use goggles with the helmet and still close the visor. I am also interested in a street type helmet with the internal sun visor that retracts. I am wondering if most of you guys wear goggles when you ride trails or not. My question is should I get a dual sport or street helmet? Any specific recommends appreciated. Budget around $300.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm 

I have like 4 different helmets

If I'm just doing dirt trails I wear my motorcross helmet and goggles

If I'm burning around gravel and dirt roads I use my dual sport helmet

If I'm going on the highway I use my street helmet

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 pm 

Nice, but I am only getting one for now. Fly or afx DS helmet or a icon airframe or similar. Icon doesn't have the sunshade,but might be a better helmet? Just shopping right now.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Icon variant is another option. Not all goggles fit well inside it though.
And I don't think any DS helmets let you actually close the visor with goggles on.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 am 

Yes the Icon Varient does look like a nice option. I am heading down to Minot next week for some R&R and plan to look at the bike shops there, maybe try on some helmets for fit. I am leaning toward the AFX DS-39, it's fairly cheap and I could buy some nice goggles with the savings. It might be a good place to start. Reviews are pretty good for that helmet, the Fly and MSR DS helmets are roughly the same thing.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:14 pm 

Kinda different. Built in rear view mirror

http://www.reevu.com/motorsports/

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 pm 

Nice helmet! I think I will try on some different styles and makes to see what feels right. I am limited in Moose Jaw, but heading south to Minot/Bismarck for afew days next week. I will check them out down there.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:26 pm 

Found a Icon Varient helmet online for a great price so I ordered one up. Its the silver Salvo, should be a great helmet for the type of riding I plan to do. I tried on an Icon Airframe while I was in Minot and it felt real nice so I hope the fit is similar with the Varient. They had the Varient in Minot, in High Vis Yellow, but only one size and it was too large. (XXL) Cool helmet!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:47 pm 

I would be scared to get a helmet online

Don't know. It will fit

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm 

I am a bit worried about it, I did wear the Icon Airframe in L and it fit perfect. I got a great deal on the helmet so if it doesn't fit perfect I can always pass the deal along to someone who fits it better. $260ish total, tax, duty, shipping. Not too bad, but better if it fits...lol. :?

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories