[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Pelicans
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Pelicans
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:27 am 

Received my Pelicans yesterday. Optimal Cases and Lighting out of Calgary was great to deal with and decent pricing. Received the cases next day. Picked up the 1430s with lid organizers and a 1460 for a top box. Guess my melon is a tad too big, xl full face is about 1cm too wide to fit. May do some carving to get it to fit, we will see. The lid organizers are very secure, six pre-drilled screws, five zipped pockets. They should be good for smaller parts. The zippers are a tad flimsy so I guess I will just have to be careful to make them last. I am going to hook them all to dirtracks, once the racks get here. I got the 1460 in hopes of fitting a full helmet and I am going to mount a backrest on it for two up riding.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.08 MiB | Viewed 468 times ]

Post subject: Re: Pelicans
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:48 pm 

Got my rear racks today. Dirtracks makes a quality product. They seem quite stout and the mounting hardware supplied will give me the option of relatively quick removal if need be of the pelicans. They even hockey tape the mounting points for you. Just waiting for a couple more things before I start assembly, no point pulling a bolt more than once.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.03 MiB | Viewed 460 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 pm 

Got my alpinestars today. Excellent fit. Good solid boot. Looks to have very good grip.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.82 MiB | Viewed 445 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.95 MiB | Viewed 445 times ]

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:03 am 

Yes the pelican 1430 are great cases. I have dropped my bike many time on the cases with never any damage. They are small enough so you don't have to worry about breaking your leg and have rounded corners so when you do those ground kicks you don't hurt yourself if you ever hit them. I prefer riding with the cases over not because when you do drop your bike your leg wont get pinned under your bike. I got the wolfman racks and mounts that are designed for the 1430s, but I didn't know there was any other companies that had something out there.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:27 am 

What are you running for the front? I ordered Motechs. I came close to laying my bike down already. Muddy tires and wet pavement don't mix. Hoping to keep damage down to a minimum when I do finally put it down.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:48 pm 

NOTHING !!!!! don't worry about dropping the bike.. The faring are very durable and the plastic is cheap. One side cover is only $110 from the dealer. I don't want to add any bars because the bike is already heavy enough.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories