[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Tire changer
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post subject: Re: Tire changer
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:51 pm 

So I think I will go with the same setup as this guy. Seems to work great and I should be able to get everything without breaking the bank :D

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:34 pm 

Finally got everything together. JeffDC is coming over this week-end to have new Mitas E07 install on is Vstrom 650. Looking forward to try this new setup. :clap:

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:02 pm 

Funny, I did the tires on my Versys with tire spoons and they were ridiculously easy. Avon Distanzias on 17" rims. The bead was a joke to break (stepped on it with my heel), and it probably took me about 5 min to remove and replace each tire.

The Mefo on my KTM, however, I couldn't wedge off the rim. I finally had to take it in and get the pros to do it. I will change to a different tire, as I can't see changing that tire on the trail if I get a flat.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:26 pm 

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:36 pm 

What can I say... Oh yes " I hate to fight with the rims on the floor" :((

Most tires a changed on my r1200gs were like the Mefo on your KTM. Once with a rear K60, I had to take it to the Borden Service Centre to have them break the bead using their machine. Most of the time 15 to 30 mins per tire to break bead and replace with a new tire. Hopefully 5 mins with this setup.

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories