[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Firearm enthusiasts
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Firearm enthusiasts
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:44 am 

Just wondering if any of you guys on here are firearm enthusiasts or hunters? I am FYI.

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Last edited by Intrepid on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Firearm enthusiasts
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 pm 

Both of the above but archery mostly. Got my hangun liscense last year as well.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 pm 

Right on! I love archery as well, did you have any success last year with the bow? I only had a couple chances at some does, it was a bad year for deer hunting that's for sure. I bought a traditional recurve. Last year and I'm hoping to go stalk mule deer this season with it. Have you bought any restricted firearms yet?

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:45 pm 

I might enjoy firearms.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:09 pm 

Good success last year with a nice Muley buck about 175. Mule deer stocking is my favorite kind of archery hunting by far. Have been doing it for about 30 years now and I have rarely missed a mule deer hunt except when living out of province for a few years.
Did get myself a Ruger 10-22 last year, I am a better shot with the bow than the Ruger.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:56 pm 

I enjoy firearms. The latest rounds of prohibitions from the rcmp has me worried, and when the liberal party takes power... game over for scary tactical rifles/pistols I suspect.

I wana put together a non restricted pack rifle that will fit in lets say a pelican 1490 laptop case for covert carry on the klr. But for now I just use a sling.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:21 pm 

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum (stumbled across it during some cabin fever dual sport Googling!), but thought I could give you a good answer on this as I own or have owned just about all pack rifles available.

If you're looking for something that will happily handle a bit of a swim if you wipeout in the back country you'll want the Henry Survival 22LR. The whole shebang packs down into the butt of the rifle and has a well sealed cap to keep it all in place. I think there's a copy of this by another manufacturer but I can't remember it. Another popular minimalist option is the Marlin Papoose.

If you like a little more rifle that doesn't feel like a water gun in your hand both the Browing and Ruger Takedowns are good options.

All are great little rigs that provide hours of entertainment!

BTW, I ride a DRZ400S and hope I can join you guys for a few trail rides this year. :-)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:08 pm 

Welcome to the forum poindexter!

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:58 am 

I like my guns, I have 7 or 8, I'm mostly a skeet shooter though. I am sort of interested though in figuring out a way to mount a gun case on my bike for my .22 semi. Would be a fun way to get up to the grouse country.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:48 am 

According to the federal laws, the only thing required when "transporting a non restricted firearm" is that it is "unloaded". No case, no trigger lock. You could technically sling any NR rifle or shotgun on your back and go wherever you pleased...it's legal! Just be prepared for some renegade cop to try take you down because they don't even know the law themselves!

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion