[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Vehicle Equipment Regulations for Motorcycles
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

Does anyone know where I can find the latest regulations for Saskatchewan. I can only find this one but its from 1987. Surely there is a newer one?

http://www.qp.gov.sk.ca/documents/Engli ... 2-1R10.pdf

This particular rule is the one I'm interested in:

Signal lamps 242
(1) The vehicle shall have signal lamps that:
(a) are positioned as far apart as practicable;
(b) emit a red or amber light to the rear and an amber light to the front; and
(c) flash on activation of a turn signal control located within easy reach of the driver.
(2) One lamp may serve front and rear if that lamp is visible from the front and rear.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1974.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:52 pm 

I think that's the one they go by as far as I know.

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I called and verified that its the right one. Interesting that it doesn't say anything about a blinker needing to be "half the size of a credit card" or "at least 9 inches apart" or that the "cover must be red or amber" or any of the other BS I've heard from those who's job it is to enforce these regulations.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:12 am 

I totally know what you mean, I'm gonna print those regs off and keep them withy bike and next time it comes into question I will pull it out and ask them to point out where it says that. ;))

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:32 am 

Interesting... this might open up a whole new area for modifying tail lights etc.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:35 am 

This is great, the CRF250L has really ugly back fender light assemblies and there is a really trick looking single lamp unit that changes to a flashing arrow pointing to which side you are indicating.

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:30 pm 

Old post but I came across this today:

This has some pretty detailed measurements regarding signals (9 inches apart rear, 16 inches front), lamps, etc that are not shown in the vehicle regulations document. Leads me to believe it's entirely up to the discretion of the guy giving you a ticket as to what rules they feel like enforcing. YMMV.

I'm only "mostly" compliant but I don't ever ride my bike in town so I'm not too worried. I also have no ability to wheelie so I can't really draw attention to myself anyway!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:46 pm 

I keep breaking mine off on the back left side for some reason of my bike. I think I'm going to go with something non compliant and just risk the ticket.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:51 am 

the measurements that you need are in the inspectors guidebook along with allot of other things....

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:06 am 

I've only been stopped a few times. They just care if your have insurance etc

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion