[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Welcome to the new forum for the Saskatchwan Dual Sport Club
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:27 am 

Hi all,
Just registered on the site. I was a member of SDSC back when it first started, I think? I sold my KLR to buy a sport tourer, which I still love ( Honda ST1300) but always missed the DS part of my life. Anyway, this July I was able to scrape some money together to buy an 01 DR650 here in Regina. I struggled a bit with the choice between the DR or another KLR but the lighter weight and slightly better off road ability of the DR offset the longer range of the KLR. I still have not so fond memories of pulling the Killer out of a mud puddle!
My bike has a lot more history than I do. It's been to Alaska and has been extensively farkled with some very nice bits. I suspect that it is far more capable than I am!
So here I am, pretty much a newbie but looking forward to getting out with you, especially in the Regina area.

Zaphod.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 am 

Welcome back!

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 pm 

Thanks. Good to be back and looking forward to meeting some of the Local riders. I have to be in Saskatoon pretty much weekly so am giving some thought to how I can bring the DR with me.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Welcome back Zaphod... did we ride together on one of the early Saskatoon/Regina rides a few years back?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:00 pm 

Yes we did. At the time I was the only Regina rider, and a pretty crap one at that
! Im looking forward to !meeting you all again.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Cool, I think I remember that... it was at least 5 years ago. Were you riding a green KLR?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 pm 

Yep. Did a trade for a mint ZR7-S. Rode it for a couple of years then bought the ST13. I was in Saskatoon today, picked up a pair of alpinestars at Rec Supply. Going to try and get out this weekend and get them dirty. :D
Heading out to Calgary on Thursday, meeting a couple of friends then blasting down to Eureka,MT on the ST. There's some great sport riding around the area and the Silverado motel in Eureka is cheap enough with a great bar and restaurant. It will probably be the last trip on the ST for the year but I hope to push the season with the DR. I have a trailer and a good truck so will drive to ride if necessary. My wife and I were in Rapid City over the May long weekend and saw four guys with DRZ's? From SK. I can definitely see that in my future!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:41 pm 

Hi I am Mobokitty, Baroque_Ja's wife. He says I can't come camping unless I have a profile here.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm 

Haha Hi Mobokitty, he's right you know;) glad to see you joined the forum. It should be a great weekend! See you there! :-bd

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Mobokitty! Glad Baroque_ja convinced you to join... I'll bring you some stickers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion