[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Good place to go camping with bikes and young ones in Sask?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:44 pm 

Does anyone know of some good places where one could camp with kids and the whole family be able to go out on their bikes?

We usually tent, and I was thinking Narrow Hills, or Nesbitt and maybe Cypress Hills?

My kids are 11 and 13 now with a KX65 and a KLR140 and so I have two big questions:

Age: Since my son is not twelve yet, how serious is him getting caught riding on public land, considering he would be with us?

Insurance: What's the best way to get the $200,000 liability needed?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:01 pm 

I've had a good time riding at Chitek and Emma lake, Will be doing cypress hills for 4 days at the end of may and hoping to explore that area as well. Chitek had a large number of young riders on off road bikes, i'd be really disappointed if they were picking on kids riding with family vs. any number of other more serious issues we could be having.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 pm 

I would be disappointed if you had issues in Narrow Hills with a family riding. We like to Camp at Zedan Lake as you can camp right on the beach. Trails all around that tie into other trails that could get you up the esker.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:14 pm 

The only place I've run into issues for youth riders is resort-y type towns (Candle Lake, Waskesui). But even then it was a friendly interaction with the law man. I will say that if you're caught on the Esker trail you're going to have issues. Kids or not. The CO's are not very tolerant of any sort of ATV/dirt bike on that trail. Even got a stern talking to when I was on there with my dual sport last time.

Liability can be obtained through just about anywhere. Just ask for the trail bike or atv offerings.

If you don't need actual facilities and just want to camp, Nesbit is pretty great. PM me if you want some good base camp locations or a tour (I live close by).

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:44 pm 

Hey Rob, two places come to mind( Tobin and chitek lake}tons of trails and family friendly. They are both a bit lawless, which I have always liked. :)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:00 pm 

Our family goes to Chitek every may long, the lawlessness is the best part ;)

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:15 pm 

thanks for the feedback guys, Chitek is fairly close I think

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:28 pm 

Where specifically do you guys camp there?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:07 am 

There are some nice lake front camp sites just a little west of town,maybe a quarter mile.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:28 am 

Take a look for Chitek Lake Recreation Site on the Sask provincial parks site, you should be able to book it now. Trails leave from immediately behind the campground.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion