[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Yamaha T7
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: Yamaha T7
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:35 pm 

Have you guys heard about the new T7 concept? I haven't been this excited about a bike! It's looking like it will have the 700cc parallel twin out of the FZ-07. Torquey (50 ft.lbs), great gas mileage (60mpg), and not too complicated (NOT fly by wire); this engine is a good one. Also, the bike looks like it has 21'' front and 18'' rear spoked rims, a hearty bash-plate, sweet styling, and probably under 400lbs. IS THIS THE KLR KILLER?

All I know is I want one bad!

Post subject: Re: Yamaha T7
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

I can't wait for this bike as well. I'd love to have a light adventure twin to replace my 990. Sounds like there will some options with ktm's 800 twin on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:41 pm 

I have played with the fz7 quite a bit, its a nice smooth engine. The only issue I seen was the engine is too tall. the sump is just too deep to fit nicely in a taller frame without the weight being carried to high. maybe they will build a dry sump version??

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:26 pm 

I really hope they(yamaha engineers) figure it out and release what should be the adventure bike that we've been waiting for. I hope they don't wimp out and release a bike that's too refined and polished (Africa Twin); catering to the middle-aged concrete jungle rider. We deserve a real desert racer!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:52 am 

Def looks the business. Great promo video.

50ft/lbs is what a 690 puts down but I imagine this will be a lot smoother and higher horsepower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:00 am 

The 700 cc CP2 is supposed to put out around 75bhp; supposedly the engine the T7 will acquire. Mind you, they'll probably tweak the engine some, but the really good thing about this engine is it's in two other yamahas at the moment, so I'm sure there'll be a plethora of aftermarket performance add ons available. Supposedly it can run at 70mph all day without much vibes. John0270 said he's ridden one a bit, are they fairly smooth at highway speeds? Also, anecdotally, I've heard that KTM's can have pretty short service intervals.. not sure what the intervals will be in the CP2 engine.. but they're in 2 economy street bikes already so I'm sure services will be far in between?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

The service intervals for ktm EXCs (dirt bikes with blinkers) are short because they're just dirt bikes... with blinkers lol. The bigger bikes like 640, 690, 990 etc have comparable intervals to other street bikes.

I think these smaller adventure bikes hit the sweet spot for off road capabilities and longer distance comfort and ability. Can't wait for them to be available

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:48 pm 

Oh ya it will pull 130 140 easy all day long and not feel like your operating a hammer drill. Its also quite responsive, unlike say the nc 700 from honda.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:05 am 

Love my 800, but going a bit smaller and lighter would be good if it's done properly. The Japanese seem to always overweight and underpower everything they put out (at least in terms of the smaller bikes -400, 650 etc), but hopefully this one will be better.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 am 

:thumb:

http://www.advridermag.com.au/scoop-yam ... ture-bike/

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion