[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - verseys 300
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: verseys 300
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:59 am 

What!

Having problem with your GS?

:lurk:

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Last edited by bordenbmw on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:25 pm 

With my kids the ages they are I'm just not doing the long road rides I had pictured when I bought the bike. The 800 is an awesome bike and it would suck to lose it, but the Versys X is a more economic option for my current situation.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:46 pm 

Thanks for the info and the offer, Doug. I might take you up on it! What you are saying matches well with other reports I am hearing. I am really hoping that the 300 cc motor punches over its weight.

Versys X is 39 HP at the countershaft versus 44 for the KLR, but the Versys is running at 7000 RPM at 100 kph versus about 4800 rpm for the KLR. That means that the Versys is geared much lower between the engine and the rear wheel (including transmission and primary gearing). That means that any resistance changes to the Versys while riding (i.e. going up a hill, going into a headwind, etc.) will impact the motor less - motor has more leverage over the rear wheel so the rear wheel has less leverage over the motor. This explains the reports I've read that suggest that it takes a pretty good hill to require a downshift, and probably also explains why you feel the motor is bigger than a 300.

We'll talk when it warms up.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 pm 

I would love it to be a 400 but am hearing only good things about the 300 so far. This has made it onto my wish list as well for the next one. I am planning a demo ride on one for sure.
Nabers in Shellbrook has one on for $5,695 right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion