[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Braking
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: Braking
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 am 

Here's a good article on braking. Learning this info and practicing this could save your life (and help reduce SGI's atrocious rates!)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/autosmot ... ocid=ientp

Stay safe out there!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post subject: Re: Braking
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:25 am 

Those rates are pretty sad, I bought plates for my wife's 2005 Virago 250 and my 35' motorhome yesterday for the exact same period of time.
Her bike plates were $50 more than the motorhome, this makes no logical sense.

Post subject: Re: Braking
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:19 pm 

SGI claims the average motorcycle accident costs them $156,000, whereas the average car accident costs them $27,000. Of the $156K, $141,000 is supposedly for medical, because motorcyclists get badly injured, require lots of rehab, require replacement of lost income, etc.

Our coverage is gold plated, though. SGI will apparently pay for your medical coverage and for you to get home if you're hurt in the US, but private insurance plans like those in AB and ON wouldn't do that unless you paid similar amounts or even more for the plan.

Still, it's bloody expensive. I am constantly looking at sub-400 cc options because of it. And I'm not quite sure why as soon as the cc drops below 400 the insurance gets cheap. Like no one on a DRZ was ever hurt in a crash.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion