[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - what tires you run
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: what tires you run
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:21 pm 

My bike came with pirelli str tires an they dont do good in loose gravel so i am looking for options.

Post subject: Re: what tires you run
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:24 pm 

hey Pieter, welcome aboard the forum, what bike are you on? lots of opinions and experience on this site.
Stu Time

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:11 am 

I think I saw your Facebook. Like I said on Facebook

"Tires that you should buy is difficult to answer. Price, wear, noise and what ratio you are looking at for on and off road? Do your research."

The STR's are about 30% off road 70% road. if you want something closer to 50/50 I would recommend the Dunlop Mission, the Shinko 804/805 or the Michelin Anakee Wild. If you want something more aggressive like 70/80 off road, Mitas e09 or Pirelli Rally(not the STR ie street) are good option. it will be a lots better when you hit sand and mud but you will lose a lot on paved road something you have to thing about if you are planning to take you bike on long trip.

welcome to the club!

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:55 pm 

Good luck with that!

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion