[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Good place for fishing and off-road riding
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:41 pm 

I was going to ask at fishingsaskatchewan because the fishing part is primary, but for some reason it seems they aren't accepting new members.

I'm going to have a couple weeks off in July (vacation shutdown at work) and was going to go visit some friends in Alberta. He say's we should meet up in northern Sask somewhere and go fishing. I brought up the idea of dragging my bikes along and he thought it would be a hell of an idea. We're going to need strictly off road riding as my WR is the only road legal ride (others being a CR250 and a Polaris Scrambler). I've heard people talk of Chitek and Nesbit, but I have no idea what fishing is like in those areas (and I'd certainly like good fishing). We are looking to take a 26 foot camper. Bonus points to any place where we could set up camp close to the lake and hit the trails right from there.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 pm 

As I am originally from Nipawin I will be suggesting that you look into Tobin lake my suggestion is prudents point as that is where I have always gone. The fishing is great and from prudents you can get on a rather large snowmobile trail system that goes for miles. The resort is quite ate friendly as well.

The other place that comes to mind is lower fishing lake in narrow hills provincial park although I'm not sure how the fishing is the trails are great though it is busier and you may have issues with the louder bikes.

But seriously look into Tobin lake as the fishing there is truly world class you will not be disappointed.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:05 am 

Might be more riding options at Lower Fishing Lake as there are lots of quad trails in the area that can be used for non liscensed units.
Lots of Fishing at Various Lakes in the area as well.
Book ahead for a campsite though.

If you look at the report on this site from the Narrowhills ride last year it will give you an idea of the area.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 am 

I haven't been to Chitek, but I think there are a lot of trails there for unlicensed bikes and ATVs. The Narrow Hills sounds like the place for you - there's good fishing in the area and lots of neat trails that you can ride without a plate. The park is supposedly "ATV friendly".

Tell your friends they need to have dual-sport bikes. I don't know why anyone rides with off-road only bikes unless they go to the local track. With DS you don't have to worry about whether your bike is legal, and when you want to zip over to the restaurant for lunch you just ride into the parking lot and don't worry about whether you're breaking the law or whether you'll make people mad by riding off-road vehicles on a public roadway.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:19 pm 

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:39 pm 

Narrow Hills park! Some great fishing for trout, pike, walleye. Stay at Zeden Lake and you can get on all kinds of ATV trails and go all over to all kinds of different lake and creeks. I have fished it and road my KLR all over the place in the endless lakes up there.

I carry a four piece fly rod on my KLR where ever I go and have road and fished in Montana, BC and Narrow hills. It is my favorite place in SK.

Corney

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion