[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Camping
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: Camping
 Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm 

Hi I've been searching around and just not found what I was looking for so I thought I'd ask.
I'm looking for a camp ground at or near Nesbit forest, one that I can leave a truck at.
I have a wrr but don't like to put long highway miles on it.

Post subject: Re: Camping
 Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

There are a bunch of spots inside Nisbet Forest where you could camp. Some places might be harder to get to with a truck but I've seen a few sites where people have set up camp that would be accessible with a truck or 4x4.

If you want to stay at a campsite, Fort Carlton is pretty close.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:45 pm 

A friend of mine followed me and a friend into the forest with his Mazda 3 and camped in a clearing with us! There are many spots just off the trails that you could camp at with no problem!

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:54 pm 

There is no official campground in or on the edge of the Nisbet Forest. The closest would be the Valley Regional at Rosthern, but you are looking at a 15 or 20 minute drive from there to the edge of Nisbet.

You can camp "unofficially" in the Nisbet Forest, I believe. Not 100% sure on the legality of it, but right now it is Crown Land that is undefined for any specific use, so I think it is just subject to the rules that apply to general Crown Land in Saskatchewan. That means you might be able to random camp. I have seen guys park their trailers at the edge of the forest in various spots and just camp out there. As Foofighter says, a lot of the forest is easily accessible in a truck (or even a Mazda 3), so you can drive in. Please don't litter and make sure your fire is safe (although it is a pretty wet spring so far so the fire risk right now is pretty low).

There is an unofficial campsite you can reach on your WR - might be tough with a truck but not impossible. It is down near the river where we were on Sunday. I'd have to give you the GPS and a map for you to find it though...

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 pm 

That's what I was looking for thank you
That's been on my list of things to do for a while, sounds like a good place to ride but it's to far away for a day trip for me.
Next three day weekend I'll go up and check it out

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:05 pm 

Too far away? Where are you located?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 pm 

The conner of sask that joins to Manitoba and the US.
I can make it in one day but if the ride is as good as I've heard I'm thinking a full day and extra fuel is in order.

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:20 pm 

Carlyle? Redvers? Carievale? Oxbow? Just curious.

Did you see some of the photos and video we posted from our ride in Nisbet on Sunday?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=454

You can easily spend a full day riding in Nisbet. In fact, you could spend a week there and ride new trails every day.

If you're coming that far you could consider driving another 3 hours and head up to Narrow Hills, though Nisbet is fun too. You could also consider driving west across the Province and meeting us all at the Cypress Hills in 2 weeks or so.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:28 pm 

Oxbow area, (farm)

Yeah I saw that ride report, makes me want to go even more. Now I just gotta get the time off to do it. (I should just go, call in sick)
I don't remember that much of cypress,was in a mini van, seems to me that's another weekend ride.
Do you guys camp over night or do it all in one day?

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 pm 

It's at least a 3 day trip for us. It's about a 4 hour drive from Saskatoon to Cypress, so it's too far to do in a day. I'm hoping to leave Saskatoon the evening of the 6th, explore some routes down to Cypress on the 7th and 8th, ride around the Cypress area on the 9th, and ride home on the 10th (with some fun riding thrown in).

I will probably camp at least one night (at the park). There are places to stay in the park in hotels/cabins, and on the way down I'll probably hotel it unless the folks I'm riding with decide they'd prefer to do otherwise.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion