[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Southern Sask.
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: Southern Sask.
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:39 pm 

Hi to all,

So the core group that started the SDSC is based in Saskatoon, but I have been noticing that we're getting people from all over SK signing up, which is great! All interested parties are welcome, even if you're based outside of SK.

I'm just curious as to how many we've got from Regina, and how many others are from "Southern SK". By Southern SK I mean south of Saskatoon, and include areas like Yorkton, Melville, Swift Current, etc. If you're not sure then post anyway... jdawg - I know you're from southern SK now!

Hopefully we'll eventually wind up with a good sized group out of Regina as well, and smaller groups in other towns/places in SK. I don't get to Regina that often, but if I do it would be fun to hook up with some club members who know the riding areas in that region. Plus I'm sure there are some great riding spots around Yorkton, Hudson Bay, and Bengough too. Has anyone ridden these areas? There's probably some nice riding around Leader, where the South Sask enters the Province. That valley is spectacular! Anyone ridden in that area?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post subject: Southern Sask.
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:38 pm 

South sask heck if I go any farther south I'm north.

Post subject: Re: Southern Sask.
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 am 

Caronport, 18 Kms west of Moose Jaw. Free camping...in my tree shaded backyard.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:03 am 

Thanks, Hot Rod!

From your avatar it looks like you might have the kind of setup that you pack up and ride to Nevada on, but have you found any great places to ride that are closer to home?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:12 pm 

I have posted a QuAppelle Valley ride report and GPX file here:

I am sure it can be linked up to Lumsden, but I have just never tried to go that far west as the roads in the last couple of years have been poor and even in the dry the roads west of the Fort are not great.

:P

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:04 pm 

I moved here from Squamish, BC at the end of last summer and have just started exploring this area - nothing to report yet.

I did a round trip to Moab - Grand Canyon - Oregon last year (that's my avatar pic). I highly recommend it!

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:54 pm 

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'm completely new to this sport, so I'm not much help with sharing good rides around here, but I do reside in Regina. I'm taking my little xt250 down to The Bug Muddy area July 27-30. I'll post pictures after. It's supposed to be good riding.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 pm 

Please do share any pics you get of Big Muddy - take lots too! I've been meaning to get down there for a ride sometime, but haven't made it there yet. I hear good things too.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 am 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 pm 

I'm in Regina. drz400sm.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion