[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - What does anyone think of sasktell cell service?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:12 am 

I've been on Rogers for long time but coverage isn't greatest off main ways

No service at all in Waskesui

Hows the reception?

Last edited by calltrex on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:27 am 

My wife has a cell with Rogers and mine is with SaskTel. The coverage with SaskTel is way better. I go fishing north east of Big River and we have cell all the way with SaskTel but not with roger. Same thing if you go all the way to candle lake. Not sure north of those locations but you have a way better chance to have cell access with SaskTel. Just for the safety issue when you are off the beaten path, I would say go with SaskTel.

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Last edited by bordenbmw on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:44 pm 

When I asked Sasktel if I could get hooked up to their high speed internet service a few years back, the person I was speaking to told me ........" your 10meters too far from out from our service hub, so be happy you have dial-up internet service ".............um..........that was the last time I spoke to Sasktel - I ditched them and will never go back!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm 

I have been a faithful SaskTel cell service supporter but I will be switching to Telus next week. My contract with Saskatel ended yesterday and I am gone to work for the week. I work week in/week out in Alberta and their new bandwidth limits are killing me while at work. They seem to have no solutions for me when I talk to them so I guess I am forced to switch. Thge iphone being a bandwidth hog definitely does not help the issue however, but I can rip through 250MB quite easily in the 2 weeks out of every 4 that I am in AB.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 am 

I'm on Telus after switching from Sasktel about 4 years ago. I've never really considered rogers to be an option aside from the one nightmare I had when I tried to demo a phone with them a long time ago. Their coverage is marginal in the city and useless everywhere else. For someone who considers traveling off the main coridors, I wouldn't go that way.

On the other hand. If you have a Rogers phone and find yourself in an emergency, you can switch your network selection to Telus or Sasktel and do a 911 call. That's it though.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:32 am 

Sask Tel is waaaayyyyyy better coverage in Sask than Rogers. I wouldn't even consider Rogers. Telus uses Sask Tel cell towers, so their coverage should be the same. However, Sask Tel has plans that are unlimited usage for the same price as Telus plans with 1 or 2 GB per month.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Sask Tel data plans are only for SK though, right? If you're not in SK you have to pay 10 cents /MB which is a scam unless you don't ever plan on going out of province :)

Telus has the same coverage in SK AND it's data plan is nation-wide. I've got a 5GB plan that costs $55/month. Sasktel's 3GB plan is $60.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:42 am 

thanks for info

have to see who will have the new iPhones when they release it in a few weeks

rogers will forsure but dont want them

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 pm 

Sask Tel has way better coverage, especially in remote areas whether it is in Sask or out. I ditched Rogers 2 yrs ago-no coverage north or west of Prince George BC. Now I have coverage in Whitehorse, Bella Coola and other not too populated areas. I went through Wyoming and Colorado this summer also and never missed a beat. Way better than Rogers. I got a 200 minute talk time in US and Canada for $30.00. Cheaper than a calling card. Also ended up $10.00 a month cheaper than Rogers. SaskTels rates are also cheaper than Rogers for regular long distance. Of course all I use my phone for is to talk. Imagine that!

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion