[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Is the Snow Gone Yet?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: Is the Snow Gone Yet?
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 am 

I promised myself I wouldn't think about bikes for as long as possible this winter... Well I only made it through November and now I am really going through withdrawal! I am just curious what you guys do during the winter months to quench your motorcycle urges?

I surf ADV 10 times a day, listen to motorcycle pod casts all day at work, watch youtube videos about bikes, stare at my bike sitting so sad and cold in the garage...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:08 am 

Work on your bike. I'm sure there's something u want to do to it

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am 

Very true there are a few things I want to do to it. I am just less motivated because it is stored in a unheated garage. That's a poor excuse though! I will get out there and maybe tear it down a bit so I can redo the accessory wiring that I tossed in there this summer!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm 

Ice Racing....

Im trying to get my bike rdy for the ice

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 am 

Ah that's a great idea! Are you making your own tires or buying some?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 pm 

You pretty much have to buy them, you could try to build some but it is incredibly difficult. It's not just screwing sheet metal screws in old mx tires. My buddy that I race with has been ice racing for over thirty years and he has been buying for years. Marcel Fournier tires from Quebec have been very popular with our group , they hook up unbelievable ,you would be amazed at the 60 mile an hour sweepers leaned way over like a sport bike. Check out the sasksportbike site for threads and pics from previous years and look under the dual sport forum , I am super stoked to hit the ice ! Send me a pm and I could forward this years email about the start of the season, good place to reply and look for used tires too, always some around.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion