[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - New guy
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: New guy
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 am 

Greetings all
Merry post Christmas and Happy New Year
I'm Timmy and I'm 53 and a half years young.
I have a 1992 DR650 with a blown engine ( long sad story )
Happy story... I'm buying a new DR650 come 2013 :)
I live in Maple Creek Sask and hope to make some new riding friends here and beyond.
I found this site while I was sitting crying in my Tea because I wasnt out riding :( and brousing the internet I came across the DR
Riders website. I joined up. :) friendly bunch!! On that site I found a link to Alberta Dualsport club. So I sat back and wondered............................ could there be a Saskatchewan dualsport club website??
Well, I'm gonna poke around here and see what I can find.
Cheers
Timmy

Post subject: Re: New guy
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:46 pm 

Ok then
Well that was a friendly welcome
??
Do I chalk that up to everybody being busy??

Cheers
Timbits

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome timbits and no offence... I'm on the road with family and not checking the site much. Lots of friendly folks here but everyone is probably hibernating. If you make it up to Saskatoon when it gets warmer we'll take you up to nisbet forest for some great trails. Re stickers, pm me your address and I'll put one in the mail for you.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 pm 

Welcome to the site, check out the Cypress rides.
I just left Maple Creek today to head back home today as my family all lives there.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm 

If you are a local from Maple Creek we may know each other as I am 55 yrs young and went to school there (well feeling a little older today from turkey and liquid refreshments)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 am 

Cheers fella's
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a Happy New Year.

Thanks for the invite Invariant.
I'm looking forward to meeting up with you and other members and seeing new terrain.

Snobear!!
I must admit to having my share of wings and silly pops at the Gronlid Pub.
I suffered through a year in Melfort. No offence meant to anybody reading this with ties to Melfort.!!
We moved to Maple Creek Feb 2008, we moved away Nov 2009 ( a huge mistake)!! and we just moved back here in July. Most happy to be back. I have done some riding about the Cypress hills and area, I rode gravel from Maple Creek to Milk River Ab. Then on to Cranbrook B.C. and over the Grey Creek pass and home again back in 2009.
I will be keeping an eye on the Cypress rides link.
Cheers
Timbits

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:21 am 

Welcome Timbits! Sorry for the delay. I haven't been checking the site as often as I should!

I hope I can get out your way at least once this summer - Cypress Ride perhaps? Maybe we can do the TCAT from Saskatoon to Maple Creek or vice versa.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:40 pm 

Cheers Kiffer
Sounds like a great idea.
What and where is the TCAT

Trans Canada ?? Trail ??

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:41 pm 

Where do I look on this forum for the announcements of Cypress rides??

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 am 

Hey Timbits,

Check the Event Planning thread (viewforum.php?f=5) for info on any upcoming rides. Sometimes guys post there just looking for a riding partner or two, and sometimes someone will set up a group ride for a larger group.

TCAT stands for Trans Canada Adventure Trail, and I'm the representative for the Prairie Provinces (MB/ON border to Radium BC). I created this section of the route over many rides and many nights of sitting with maps and Google Earth, and I have to admit I want to ride it all again! If you're into adventure riding, backroads, and long distances it is worth checking out.

http://www.graveltravel.ca/index.php?op ... &Itemid=20

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion