[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Well, I did it
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: Well, I did it
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 am 

Congrats Jon.
I hope your new KLR does you proud.
I know what your feeling as I will be waiting till April when my new DR will be ready to pick up.
And yes, I hope we get to do some riding together and the rest of this fine bunch on this chat site.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 pm 

Jon, if you have a heated garage you might want to check the doohikey spring over winter. Mine was out of travel at about 8,000km. I should have just ordered the spiral spring as the 08 doohikey was upgraded and is quite strong. However, I had already ordered the Eagle Mike one so I installed it with a new spring seeing as how I already had it. Also, wouldn't hurt to check the wiring harness for rub spots, mine had a few. There is lots of information about it on the internet. Minor items, but could be inconvenient if not expected.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 am 

Hi Jimmyt, on your KLR was the doohikey replacement pretty straight forword? I'm needing to order - replace mine this winter.
Ken

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 am 

Congrats on the new bike, Timbits. I bought a DR650 from GW in '05 and it is a great bike.

If you want to win drag races on a DR650 check out the 790 big bore kit here: http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

Just scroll down a bit. It makes the big DR a monster! ProCycle has all kinds of parts for the big DR. I've ordered from them before and they're good with their service. The prices aren't too bad either.

While air cooling is not the most advanced, it does make it simpler to work on the bike and especially if you have problems out on the trail. As far as a hardcore adventure bike I might actually prefer air cooling for just this reason. You won't have as much power as a liquid cooled bike, but you won't smash a radiator on the trail either.

Enjoy!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:44 pm 

KLR-Ken. The doohikey was pretty straight forward, just takes a bit of time. You need a few special tools and can borrow mine if you like. I am in Saskatoon.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 am 

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 pm 

You bet.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion