[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Well, I did it
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: Well, I did it
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:45 am 

I put a deposit on a 2013 DR650 at the Calgary Bike show.
I wont get it till early May.
I cant wait already :)
looking forward to doing some riding with you folks

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Well, I did it
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:40 am 

Congrats

Surprised it doesnt have efi and it's air cooled

Never had a air cooled bike before

Looks like a klr

Should work well on the trails

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 pm 

Thanks Calltrex.

I like the DR as it's low enough for me to put feet on ground at a stop.
It's light and simple.

I sure wont win any drag races with it but I can pretty much ride where I want.

Looking forward to rides with you folks.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

congrats on the DR timbits! Its going to be a long 5 months until may :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:35 pm 

Thanks Invariant.
Believe you me, I'm counting down the days already.
And then the painful drive to Calgary to pick it up. LOL

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:16 pm 

Where did u get it from ?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 am 

I bought it from GW Cycle in Calgary.
$500.00 cheaper than what Blackfoot wanted.
Course Blackfoot charges PDI and Freight and Admin fees and sister in law fees and what ever else they can think of.
Mind you I have bought accessories from Blkft. I got my Giant loop saddle bag from them and tires and other odds and ends over the years but I sort of have a personal relation ship with Dave and the folks at GW now.
I brought Dave ( he's the head service guy at GW ) a TT ballcap back from the TT last year, so I'm in the good books now :)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:37 am 

When I got my new vstrom Blackfoot was the cheapest

Gw is awesome for gear. The old guy gives me a good deal every time.

Should have found someone who had one now. Then u could get it all setup before spring came around

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 pm 

Your right Calltrex.
I bought new first gear jacket, pants, 4 LT oil, 2 filters and a can of chain lube from GW last year and I got a great deal. Kelvin sold me the bike.
The Blackfoot guy at the bike show was push push push that I had to buy it at Bike show prices but Kelvin said come see me on Monday morning. I did and he stuck to his quoted price.
A larger tank is going on mine before I pick it up come spring time. I will get 15% off all Farkles So I was told :)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 am 

I just did the Calgary trip to pick up a new to me 2008 klr with 8000kms on it
maybe meet up for some rides this summer.
its going to be a looooong winter with a bike I have never ridden sitting in my garage
Very cold blooded too, had to light the a fire and get it roasting for a couple hours before it would start

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion