[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - New Bike/Old Rider
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post subject: New Bike/Old Rider
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:17 pm 

Hi, I am new to the forum and just put a deposit on a new bike. It will be my first bike in over 20 years! I finally got the War Department to agree that me getting a motorcycle does not mean my time on this earth is going to be a short. LOL. The kids are older now so she was alittle easier to convince. Anyway I put down some money on a 2013 Husqvarna Terra TR 650. It looks like a real nice dual purpose machine. If you are not familiar with the bike it would be similar to the KLR 650, alittle more modern with FI and more power, modern suspension, and a few other differences, but basicly the same type of tool. (I like KLR's, I almost bought one so don't hate on me all you KLR owners you all have proven reliable fun bikes) I am pretty excited to get my bike, but probably not until March/April. I hope to find some great places to ride in Saskatchewan and maybe a few friends (Maybe even a KLR owner...lol) I am from Moose Jaw, so if you have any good places to ride around here shoot me a message and maybe we can do some riding this summer!! Cheers!! :D

Last edited by hudler on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW BIKE/ OLD RIDER
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:10 pm 

I have been watching that one as well. It runs a modified version of the BMW 650 rotax engine which is pretty much indestructible. I have a 1998 F650 with the rotax engine and you will love it. The Husky puts out more hp (58 I think).
My shopping is between a Sertao, Husky Terra 650 or the big GS but need to sell some other toys first.
Good to have you on a Husky so we get some real world feedback.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 pm 

I like the Sertao alot, but quite a bit more money. You do get the benift of BMW warentee and support though. The F700 and 800 look great, but out of my pricerange. I think the Sertao looked alot thicker the the f series did I liked the narrow looking bike and the husky has he narrow look. I haven't been on a bike in over 20 years and those bikes all look so high now. Kinda intimidated but once I get on the thing and ride I should feel better. I love this site and hope to learn alot about dualsporting. Luggage, GPS, even how to transport the motorcycle is all new. (Hitch mounted carrier's etc) anyway I will have lots of question's. And this place looks to have the answers!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, hudler and congrats on the new bike! funny, I was just reading a review of the strada in popular mechanics and it sounds like a great bike. Looking forward to meeting and seeing the terra in action.

Post subject: Re: New Bike/Old Rider
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:17 pm 

Hello Hudler from Maple Creek
I'm rather new here my self
Just waiting to take delivery of my 2013 DR5650 I bought at the bike show in Calgary.
New bike fever has hit some of us.
This is my first brand new bike in 13 years. :>)

Your bike sounds great !! Well chuffed for you and looking to meet up with you as well.
The folks on here are terrific and we are both going to learn a lot

Cheers

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:30 pm 

Maple Creek you say, Awesome! Looks to be some great riding down there, I hope to get down there for a ride or two. The Dr 650 is a great bike from what I have read, I think this forum will give us lots of good advice and some great riding ideas.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 am 

I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with like minded folks and new riding grounds to discover.
Being vertically challenged also gave the DR650 my first choice as most all other DP bikes are just too tall for me. :)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm 

Welcome to the forum! Us KLRers aren't haters. Just financially challenged, mine has been good to me. Have to much into it to trade it in on a high end bike.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:57 pm 

Hey Corney, just kidding around. Right now I wish I had bought a Klr, BMW sold husqvarna to the KTM boss a couple days ago and not sure about the Terra being around that long. It does sound like a great bike though!

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion