[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - The "Post Something Random" Topic
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: The
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Chris, its Fish Creek:

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!da ... !1e3&fid=7

The bridge was falling apart and I barely fit the Jeep across it.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 pm 

Way Too Cool!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:32 pm 

Is that where the first battle was before Batoche where Dumont and the Metis made a stand? Might of had a beer at those two monuments while riding my KLR! I know those churches well! Great ride!

I kept saying pull up !

That is awesome!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:42 pm 

I figured you were in that area. Great video, Ken. You and I need to go on an epic ride and make a documentary of the whole thing. Maybe backroads to Mexico or something...

You bring the quadcopter and I'll bring my ugly face and poor riding skills! :lol: :lol: :lol: The Outdoor Life network will eat it up!

I am in the process of shooting some stuff for Whitey's first day of Big Trip 2013 - not quadcopter cool stuff, but just basic documentary stuff. I shot about 800 hours of helmet cam footage on the trip, which was cool 'cause when the US Navy A6 Intruder buzzed us at about 500 feet I was the only one running a camera...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClknjUxR3y8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmLIrluJNp6OdtgqP0PPYmQ[/youtube]

Keep up the good work - I'd love to see more of those videos, motorcycle-related or not.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 am 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:38 pm 

Exactly like that, except maybe a bit shorter and closer to home! And with you riding like that and me riding slower and not so cool... :x

I might have to learn to fly the quadcopter too so that you can be in some of those cool shots! How tough would it be to pack that thing on your 525 (on top of all the gear you'd need anyway for a trip like that!)?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:55 pm 

BTW, Ken, is your quadcopter the Parrot AR Drone 2.0, or is it a different model?

Just curious.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

I packed my old quadcopter on the back of the bike for the first 2 videos I shot so it should be doable. According to the guys who did that trip, the big white backpack carried all the quadcopter stuff. He said that it was a big bag, but very light.

This new quad I have now is a bit bigger but probably still manageable. I think I'll build a small one with a folding frame for easy transport on a bike. :geek:

No, it's not an AR Drone. They just don't have the range or carrying capability required for FPV or stabilized filming.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:00 am 

What kind of copter is it then? It must be something pretty pricey!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion