[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Milan motorcycle show.
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:35 pm 

Not from Milan but still breaking news for 2018. Fuel injected and around 400lbs for $4499us. This is no KTM or BMW but if they are solid bikes, they could sell a lot at that price.

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 pm 

The internet seems to tell me these are the kijiji-special cafe racer of the adv world; all show, no go, and built awful (India I think...?).

I want to believe otherwise, especially at that price point. That comes in under the versys 300 which I'd say is it's closest competition. It certainly parks harder than just about anything else; it's very "if Steve McQueen had a adv bike".

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:09 am 

On the first year of production(2016), I read that they had a few minor issues. In 2017, they were imported to Australia and they are getting good reviews. They are also used by tour companies in India and if you google for those videos, the places/roads they go thru are pretty bad specially during the rainy season. I'm thinking that this is a great bike for what it is at a great price but like I said, this is not a KTM or BMW, but those are way more expensive. KTM and BMW now have some of their bikes build in India so I don't think you can say that because it is build in India that it is awful.When the Himalayan's first came out they had carburetors but now they are now euro4, fuel injected and have ABS. The Himalayan will be for sale in Europe and North America next year so I'm sure Royal Enfield wants any problems to be iron out.

I really like the classic look. If they had an engine below 400cc, I would consider getting one as a second bike. The KTM 390 adventure and the new G310GS from BMW are under 400cc so I may get one those in the next few year. By the way, both of those are build in India. If your engine is below 400cc, insurance are really cheap in Saskatchewan.

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:27 pm 

I was unaware of the baby KTM and my inner cheapskate gets all tingly when 'inexpensive motorcycle insurance' is heard. All these sweet choices for lower displacement machines is awesome.

Although one thing you can never take away from my dinosaur of a KLR is in 2 years it gets antique plates, and those bad boys are c h e a p.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:30 pm 

From what I can find online, the KTM 390 will look very similar to the 790. I was hoping to see one at the Milan show. Maybe by late 2018?

Attachments:
3E37E3AE-3CA2-4E44-99E6-D47D41F7DA50.jpeg
3E37E3AE-3CA2-4E44-99E6-D47D41F7DA50.jpeg [ 69.19 KiB | Viewed 342 times ]

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm 

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion