[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Moab 2014
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Moab 2014
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:22 pm 

The back roads riding and the whole OBRD/WBRD set up is very appealing to me. The bike would need a bigger tank (stock DR650) but the rest of her is good to go. I'd be up for anything like that.

Post subject: Re: Moab 2014
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:32 am 

The big DR is an excellent bike for that type of riding. Plus the motor is simple and easy to work on, and the thing is deadly reliable. It does need a bigger tank, but it's a simple $300 add-on. Compare that to the KTM690, where the cheap add-on tanks are over $700 and are complicated to install.

In 2009 I did a really neat backroads/trails route from Lewiston Idaho through Washington and Oregon south to Hell's Canyon. I'd like to do that route again sometime. Perfect for the big DR too. Maybe we could squeeze that in if we did the OBCDR...

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides