[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Chitek lake little adventure ride
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 pm 

:D This weekend i was able to take sirenKLX on her first little adventure ride down an old reclaimed rail track near Chitek lake, we then rode gravel to Leoville where we filed up and headed north on the gravel til we found a gravel pit I was able to play in for a while:) we then checked out some skidoo trails that weren't too wet until we got to some mud holes that neither of us felt like attempting. She did do her first little water crossing in the ditch, scuba steve would have been proud:) She did end up taking a spill on one greasy quad trail, a bruised knee and some hurt pride was the worst of it but she got back on the horse and we continued on our little giant loop. We ended up doing a 160km loop, a first for me and her together. It was a lot of fun even though it wasn't as fast paced as I'm used to but I enjoyed the adventure with my wife, she is a trooper when she wants to be. I can't wait for more rides like this in the summer months yet to come. :-bd

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.16 MiB | Viewed 682 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 682 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 682 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1 MiB | Viewed 682 times ]
File comment: Gravel pit
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 821.05 KiB | Viewed 682 times ]
File comment: First water crossing!
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.34 MiB | Viewed 682 times ]
File comment: Freshly logged area that is soon to be replanted.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 682 times ]
File comment: The seemingly endless old train tracks, super fun to bomb down!
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.38 MiB | Viewed 682 times ]

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:54 pm 

love ridin out there, always a new trail to ride. :)

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 pm 

Oh it was sweet, we didn't even scratch the surface, although there were some pretty gnarly mud holes on a lot of the trails.

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Nice, looks like you guys had a blast :thumb:

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:49 am 

Looks like a great time! Really nice area to ride in by the looks of it.

Don't mean to be the safety guy but be careful on straight walled processed gravel piles. Espically this time of year as the sun heats up the face and the inside my still be frozen. This creates an avalanche effect!

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:27 am 

We did have a blast!! Thanks for the heads up Corney, I never would have thought of that.

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:35 pm 

Looks like a great trip! So far my wife and I have just been on a few lunchtime dirt and mud excursions (we work in the same office), it was funny the first time she wiped she was on some really bad mud, and freaked out when her back end got loose at low speed and hit the throttle pulled an awesome donut and fell off. I thought it looked pretty cool. :ymapplause:

Did you do have any mapping of the run? I'm still trying to figure out gpx data and how to get it in and out of devices. I wasn't sure if there was a google earth group everyone posted to or not.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:11 am 

Intrepid, that's so awesome that you an your wife can get out together. Mine can't even stand to watch the Moab video, or any of the local footage. :shock:

I've told her I would go easy if she ever wanted to try riding, but she's content to read books. :geek:

Maybe I should get her a book about dual sport to see if that would get her interested.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 am 

I get that ovin I am in the same boat. My wife will look up over her glasses from her iPad and wave me off. No problem with my adventures, just wants no part of it?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 pm 

My wife didn't want any part of her own motorcycle until I taught her how to clutch on my daughter crf80f trail bike. I think a month later she had her own bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides