[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - So We Made It To Tuk!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: So We Made It To Tuk!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:37 am 

So, on June 16, Snobear and myself made it to Tuktoyaktuk. \:d/ Over the next few weeks, we will be posting more pictures and stories about our 3 weeks/10k km trip. We didn't buy a lot of thing on this trip, the only thing we really wanted was this sticker "made it to Tuk"

One thing I always do when I go on a big trip, is to buy something special for my wife. I never know what it could be till I see it, so its always a bit of a surprise for me too. L-) On the day that we made it to Tuk, someone in the village told us about a craft show at the community center. There we met Julia and her friends. Julia was selling little dolls using seal fur. The one that I wanted was not completed yet but she told me that she could have it done by the end of the day. I told her that we were leaving soon and that I didn't have enough money on me and than to my surprise she said "I do take e-tranfer you know". I was not expecting that! :wisdom: So I paid her and gave her my home address. A few weeks later, I received this in the mail.

Attachments:
67ACD17D-441E-4628-BB43-3CD005DB6537.jpeg
67ACD17D-441E-4628-BB43-3CD005DB6537.jpeg [ 2.73 MiB | Viewed 2291 times ]
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 2292 times ]
IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG [ 2.05 MiB | Viewed 2292 times ]

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Last edited by bordenbmw on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:15 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:45 am 

The doll is now a Christmas tree ornament. Julia has a very interesting live story which makes this little gift extra special. We found this video of her online.

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Last edited by bordenbmw on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:21 am 

So lets begin. I don't have a lot of pics of day 1 but I'm hoping Ron or Stan do.

June 8, the day before. My bike all packed up and ready to go. A 2017 F800GSA that I bought just 11 months ago and I already had 15250km on her. New tires and an oil change, that's all she needed. On this trip, we were both using the the same tires, Michelin Anakee Wild on the front and Mitas E07 at the back. On June 9, I met Ron at a gas station in St-Walburg. From there we rode to Cold Lake to meet Stan at the Mcdonald for lunch. We were hoping to make it to Peace River by the end of the day.

Attachments:
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG [ 2.28 MiB | Viewed 2289 times ]

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:24 am 

Cowan Lake near Big River first stop

Attachments:
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG [ 3.45 MiB | Viewed 2267 times ]

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:27 am 

We met up at Cold Lake

Attachments:
IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG [ 2.68 MiB | Viewed 2267 times ]

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:31 am 

Curved bridge on an old section of the Alcan

Attachments:
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG [ 3.06 MiB | Viewed 2267 times ]

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am 

The standard Mile 0 photo at Dawson Creek, we met a fellow here from Japan that was travelling on a Suzuki Van Van 200cc

Attachments:
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 2267 times ]

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:25 pm 

Attachments:
A157F903-0D35-4416-B3DB-8337AEC605A3.jpeg
A157F903-0D35-4416-B3DB-8337AEC605A3.jpeg [ 2.41 MiB | Viewed 2261 times ]

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 am 

First night of camping in a Provincial park south of Peace River. Ron just came we us for the day and was going back to Lloyd in the morning.

Attachments:
20180609205353.jpg
20180609205353.jpg [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 2247 times ]

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 am 

In the morning, Ron left for Lloyd and rode in the rain all day but us we were lucky and missed most of the rain. We rode for about an hour and had breakfast. We sure ate a lots of bacon and eggs on this trip.

Attachments:
IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0750.JPG [ 2.07 MiB | Viewed 2235 times ]
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG [ 1.9 MiB | Viewed 2235 times ]

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides