[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Inuvik 2014
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post subject: Inuvik 2014
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:37 pm 

Finally did the Dempster and followed it up with a plane ride to Tuktoyaktuk. 2 years in the planning and 9400km but my GS has done the north. Now onto the other 3 directions. Ride report will follow but epic journey to be done by all.

Post subject: Re: Inuvik 2014
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:14 am 

Congrats on your journey. :beer:

:lurk:

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:13 pm 

Awesome! It's on my bucket list too...

Hurry up with that report! :lurk:

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 pm 

First chunk should be up in about a week. Soooooo much video to tie together and stories to add

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:18 am 

An all weather road is currently being built from Inuvik to Tuktoyuktuk. Plan on going when that is done. Look forward to your report. Have been from Dawson City across to Tok on Top of The World highway. Last time I went to Alaska that road was washed out and 2 people had been washed away. They found the car but not the people. Figure the bears got them.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:34 pm 

I'm impressed. Look forward to the read. On my bucket list.

Former: 82 Honda XL500R, 80 KZ750LTD, 01 XT225, 80 XS650, 07 Vulcan 900, 08 Vulcan 500, 03 Vulcan 500, 83 KZ440LTD

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:02 am 

That's an amazing part of the world. I saw Dawson City last year and a bit of Alaska; I can't wait to go back again.

Is the Demster worth it or is it just a "I've done it" ride?

Post subject: Inuvik 2014
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 pm 

Definitely worth it. Particularly the first 600km

Last edited by leftshark on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:09 pm 

Any one going to Prudhoe Bay or Fairbanks should check these guys out. No need to carry tires. You can call them and they will be there when you get there. Had an oil change done and tire moumted and balanced 2 years ago (synthetic oil) for $60.00 US. I didn't have to do a thing. On top of that his wife made reindeer sausage, fries and salad for any customers there. They are 2 brothers who run out of there acreage just off the highway north of Fairbanks and seem to know more than most dealers. I would not hesitate to go there again. They do stock some stuff but if you know you are going call ahead. They are available 24hrs in the summer. (Adventure Cylcleworks). If I had known they were there I would not have taken my own tire from Prince George. If you are going to Inuvik there is pretty much nowhere past Whitehorse to get anything remotely related to motorcycles.

http://www.advcycleworks.com/

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides