[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - The Somewhere Between: Part 2 - Two KLRs to Patagonia
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:48 am 

Hey folks, sorry for being off for so long without an update. After arriving in Mazatlan with the plan of staying for one night I fell in love with the place and planned to stay for a week. I then got caught up helping a girl here paint a 15 foot tall mural over the course of a week. Well, she's the artist, but I built her a climbing rig to get up the wall and hung out drinking beers, passing paint, and putting this video together of the making of. I had never seen anything done like this before and thought it was so cool to see - I just had to share it with others! This is only the third video I've shot and edited so it was a ton of fun and learning on my end. I hope you all enjoy it, and I'll try to get this report going again soon!

Best Regards,

Jason

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:51 am 

Here's another video I put together of my stay in Mazatlan at the Funky Monkey Hostel. It's an amazing place that has kept its grips on me, which is why I've been in Mazatlan for damn near a month now. If anyone comes through this city you need to check it out!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:07 pm 

Now you Funky Monkeys are just getting carried away having fun and livin the dream!

Cool!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:43 am 

Well at least the second video had 3 seconds of a bike at the start, lol. Just being jealous though here in the -30 weather.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:59 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:09 pm 

Hey folks, I'm still sucking at the whole motorbike travel thing and am still loving life in Mazatlan, MX. My original travel partner, Colin, left here 3 weeks ago and continued south while I have now been in Mazatlan for a month as of today. The girl that painted the mural here is still kicking around with me and it looks like we're heading east towards Veracruz to do some white water rafting (she's a guide back in Cali) for a week or so. Maybe some kayaking off waterfalls as well! Well, the artist that she is had a drawing that she's been thinking of getting tattooed on her for the last three years and we ended up getting put in touch with the best tattoo artist in Mazatlan. We talked with him a bit and set up an appointment for hers and one that I would get as well and left. My friend Courtney worked with me to design one for me and we got them done this past Friday. I put together a video of her tattooing, which took 4 hours, and I'll grab a quick pic of mine if anyone wants to see. Oh, and the song is by a friend of mine's band from all over Canada called Sunk'n City Gypsys.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:47 am 

Wow - sounds like your plans have taken a twist. Neat to see. I hope your riding partner is OK on his own - he'll probably hook up with other people on the way.

I too love Mexico. Haven't been to Mazatlan since '85, but it was a cool city back then and I'm sure it's still a cool city now. Is the aquarium still operating?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:09 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:12 pm 

Warning: Little motorbiking content in this post.

Hola amigos! Wow, it looks like it's been over a month since I've posted here; sorry to anyone who was following. After getting to Mazatlan my trip changed rather drastically with meeting Courtney, spending 5 weeks there and then going 2-up across Mexico to get to Jalcomulco, Veracruz for some river fun. Courtney and I stuck around together for another 3 weeks or so before she made her way back to California as her trip was over. I ended up staying, living in a rafting gear shed with a bed for no cost. Despite my poor Spanish-speaking, I’ve made many friends here and have become quite comfortable. Two weeks ago I was invited by Team Jalco to go to the Alseseca Kayaking Competition as their photographer and had an amazing time; it’s the biggest river fest in Mexico and I was hanging with some of the best kayakers from all around the world. I’ve got many photos, but good internet is difficult to come by in this town. I sat at a café in Coatepec (25 minutes away) for a couple hours to upload this video, though. My buddy Chucho took my gopro on his competition run and I put this together to get a feel for the river. It truly was an amazing section. Well, until next time, enjoy!

PS: My buddy Colin is hopping on the Stahlratte to get from Panama to Colombia on January 20th, so if you want to see what my trip might have been like, check out his blog .

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides