[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Italy 2014
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post subject: Italy 2014
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:58 pm 

Spent 3 weeks in Italy 2 of which were on a KTM1190. We rode from Rome down the western coast to the tip of the boot and crossed to Sicily for 7 days. An absolutely amazing trip. I have some pictures and probably more video and than anyone wants to see. The edits are rough and I will clean up over time. I broke my gopro mount on the 3rd day so we missed some amazing roads. The food was incredible especially in Sicily.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jazzmutt16/videos

Post subject: Re: Italy 2014
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:45 pm 

Please share what you have.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:14 pm 

Love the videos, sure have to keep your eyes open on those narrow roads. :)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:48 pm 

They use an aggregate in their asphalt in some areas there that looks like ice. It is light gray and shiny and you can slide your feet easily on it. They haven't had rain for 10 months so it was polished smooth by the cars. When it is dry you can't lean the bike on it and when it gets wet it turns to soap and actually forms bubbles on the road. You cannot ride on it went it is wet. They are starting to remove it in the corners to start but it keeps you on your toes. Also the olive trees hang over the road and drop olives that get squished by vehicles. More fun. Most of the corners are diminishing radius so you need to watch your speed going in. Italians only see empty space and they try to fill it. If you hesitate they will cut you off. They don't get upset if scooters or motorcycles squeeze by them. We rode through Palermo in rush hour through 20 roundabouts. That was the most intense riding we did. The first couple of days I sucked on the hairpins but after a 2 weeks I had them dialed in. We did 500 switchbacks alone on one day along with a couple thousand regular turns. I can't wait to go back.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:29 pm 

No doubt, looks like an epic trip for sure.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides