[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Saskatoon to SAtoney Rapids 2,250 kms 3 days all dirt roads!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:51 pm 

Saskatoon to Stoney Rapids 2,250 kms 3 days!

My buddy Rotor and I decided to try something new, instead of the regular trail rides in the forest or the rustic trails up north at the lake, we decided on doing the trip up to Stoney Rapids staying off the tarmac. After a few ferry crossings and bypassing Prince Albert, we made it up to East Trout Lake continuing north up to Laronge at this point we only did about 35 kms of tarmac thru Laronge.

The bikes ran well with no major flats or breakdowns, we both run Suzuki DR 400 and 650's. We packed just the regular camping gear and supplies, an epic ride to the top of Saskatchewan.

Rueben and Ester from Wilderness Outfitters at Wollaston Lake welcome all dual sporters, the meals were fantastic and the rustic cabins are perfect for a good nights rest.Please bring a small gerry can of petrol the gas stops are just out of range for a 10l tank.

Attachments:
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG [ 2.99 MiB | Viewed 748 times ]
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG [ 923.05 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
File comment: Ice is still on main lake
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG [ 932.35 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
File comment: fishing at wollaston
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG [ 416.58 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
File comment: lonely roads
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG [ 668.79 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
File comment: happy to have a rain suit
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG [ 2.87 MiB | Viewed 748 times ]
File comment: fuel stop at Brabant Lake
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG [ 2.55 MiB | Viewed 748 times ]
File comment: Stoney Rapids
20150615_120306.jpg
20150615_120306.jpg [ 385.27 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]
File comment: cabins at Wollaston
20150614_154001.jpg
20150614_154001.jpg [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 748 times ]

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:05 pm 

looks like a great ride guys, good on you for missing the slab.
Safety Stu

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:57 pm 

Wow welcome to the club!! That trip is on my very near to do list. Looks awesome! Can I ask what gearing are you running on the Drz 400?

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:59 am 

That looks like an awesome trip. Sure will do it in the near future and I will bring my fishing rod.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 pm 

my buddy Rotor was running 15/41 gearing, no problem travelling 100-120 kmh

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:50 pm 

Thanks for sharing! Looks like it was an awesome ride!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:42 am 

Awsome ride. The only thing I'd change, is its need to be 7 days ish.. Was to press for time.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:27 pm 

Can you post the route you used?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:11 pm 

Yeah I'm curious about that too, I wanna do this ride maybe this year

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:37 pm 

Yes will look to try and post the ride i will see if I saved the route on GPS, would of loved to take 7 days to do the ride but it really sucks when work gets in the way....
Stop in at FFunmotorsports I work 6 days a week and can get you guys the route

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides