[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Planning the 100 Mile House Ride BC
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:12 am 

Hello all from Don aka "Flash Gordon". As I have done a Intro post on your welcome thread !!!

A long time friend of mine "Land Shark" from Alberta is setting up riding plans for next year too 100 Mile House BC, and I thought it only fitting that we put an invitation out too you good folks as well...

As I mentioned earlier in the introduce your self thread is that I have meet many of you folks at the AB/SK Macklin LK gathering, so I see where you folks would fit in on this kind of sight seeing ride over 8 too 9days, or how ever long you might want too join in with your own timing !!!

The first plan here is too bring you up to speed on what is in the works, as I can bring the ideas too your site, or if you choose too check things out on the ADS Form, then all is good so long as there is no issues with sharing ride planning with those that might be interested in something like this...

The Gang Ranch, British Columbia - Special Rides

Intermediate Bikes
==========================================
Date : 18 Jun 2016
Recommended Class of Bike : All Bikes
Start Location / Time : 100 Mile House or Williams Lake, BC
End Location / Time : 100 Mile House or Williams Lake, BC
Range :
Any Other Useful Information :Would you like to join me on this memorable trip to The Gang Ranch.
You may either trailer or ride your bike to the start location and from there we will do day trips in the Cariboo/Chilcotin region of BC
No Map Provided

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:17 am 

This wording is from Land Shark !!!

Let the planning begin. The last time I was at the Gang Ranch area of BC was in 2006. It was an unforgettable ride to say the least. I'm going to do it again. It's a perfect ride for dual sport bikes.

The idea would be to book a motel in the area and use it as the base camp. Then ride off from there to various locations. There are lots of camp sites for those with tents or camper trailers as well so any one can attend. And we can always move from one base camp to another if the ride will be longer than one day.

The plan would be to leave Alberta on June 18th, 2016 and return at anytime but I do intend on staying for at least 7 days or longer.

If anyone has information or advice to give, please shell it out. Gawd knows I need all the help I can get.

Al M

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...015a291ba7f708

This wording is from Me !!!

It looks like we all get a chance to spend 1 hour and 22 minutes at the ADS Land Shark movie theater tonight after work !!!

The best way to watch this movie is finding the comfy spot at home with family and friends, cook up some pop-corn, poor your self the drink of champions, and relax to a awesome production by Grizzlee/ Rubicon Adventures...

This is just a thriller into some of the areas out that way, and should not be attempted in one garage with the motorcycle suspended on blocks with motor reved-up too the pin at 10.000 rpms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tneg6Y7pWAA

I posted it this way so all can in-large it on their computers or to TV sets at home,,, so enjoy the idea of a small fraction of what this area holds,,, Many of us that have been too this area of Cariboo Chilcotin Coast BC know that the inter-links of this area connect too Vancouver-North, and edges of Thompson/ Okanagan West since it takes all (3 Back Road Map-Books) too inter-connect all the roads with in the riding block...

I will share on the Pemberton, Brinken, Gold Bridge loop,,, Noaxes Ck Quartz Mtn area and Relay Cr trip that I have done by Mountain Bike... Perhaps this is why I returned to dual sport motorcycle...

Please enjoy the movie all !!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:10 pm 

That was an awesome film. It sure makes a person think hard about a trip like that. I hope I can make it when the time comes.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides