[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - First real ride of the year in the Frenchman river valley
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:40 pm 

The frenchman river valley is located 15 min north of frontier and is an absolutely beautiful playground. The hills are huge and steep, the trails are tight and technical, the mud is deep and sticky, and the views are breathtaking.
This was my first good ride with the 530 as well as the first good ride since the accident so I took it a little easy to try and get back in the swing of things. By the middle of the day I started getting my confidence up and tried a few steep climbs I made one and fell on another. This was also the first time I've had the bike out with the new set of track master tires like I used to run on the dr-z. I have to say that they are honestly the best tires Ive ever used and the pair only cost 105 from rocky mountain. As well this was the first time out with the ballistic battery that I seen calltrex had and then I needed to have one as my battery was crap and there is no way I can kickstart this bike with my leg, this battery performed flawlessly every time I pressed the magic button it jumped to life without hesitation all day long.
Some points throughout the day we were riding on the crest of the hill with only one foot or less width of track to stay on and very steep slopes on either side. Quite scary if I was to fall.

Ok enough talking here are some pics

My bike and my work buddy barry

Bikes in the background

Hill I tried to climb left track.

Barry on the crest of the hill

In conclusion this is a great place to ride and if anyone wants to partake in a Frenchman valley adventure I will be happy to arrange a guide and I always have an open bed or couch for members of this club.

Btw there are apparently rattle snakes in the valley didn't find any though.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:03 pm 

wow...looks awesome...didn't know we had places that look like that to ride in Sask

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:45 pm 

Nice, jdawg! Now I've got another place to add to my list of places I want to ride.

BTW, was that private land you were on? What are the land conditions out there - is it generally wide open for riding? Lots of gates?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like some amazing riding, Jdawg. I'm going to have to take you up on your offer and check that out some time.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 pm 

Yes it was private land and there was only one gate. My buddy is friends with the owner and he is ok with people using it as Long as they don't make a mess like ripping up the grass and such.

Btw even though I am sore all over my leg is pain free so I think I am really healing well.

Ps I will be in stoon for an appointment on the 23 if anyone wants to get together not sure how much time I will have though.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:12 am 

Thanks for that, JDawg. Everyone, let's make sure we respect land like this so that we can continue to use it. It would suck if someone went in there and pi$$ed this guy off by ripping everything up and caused him to just close it all to everyone. Having said that, I know this group is good though, right?

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:03 pm 

Your better off with hills like that than the traffic on the way to my place :lol:

Glad to here your leg is better!

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides