[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Cypress 2012 SDSC
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post subject: Cypress 2012 SDSC
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 pm 

Well, Cypress 2012 was certainly an epic ride/adventure. Firstly, I would like to mention that I hope Snobear is doing better after his fall. Snobear had a very unlucky fall where his pannier landed on his leg and smashed it. Snobear was already in hospital after I arrived in the hills and I was very sorry not to see him and even more sorry when I heard of his predicament. The next day, Invariant, John0270, B, and I set off to try and recover his bike from the Gap Road, but then we learned that Snobear's family had already recovered his bike. I am sorry we didn't get to help you out at all Snobear!! Get better soon and I hope you are back on your bike as quickly as possible.

The ride went on, even though Snobear's fall was on everyone's minds. Invariant and B were very sick. They had been camping at the Ranger Station campground for a day or two before everyone else arrived and they either got some food poisoning from a local restaurant or they gave each other the flu through some sort of "Broke Back Mountain" manoeuvre.

We all met up for the "main" ride on Saturday. After hearing that we didn't need to recover Snobear's bike from the Gap Road, John0270 and I met up with Kiffer1 and Kiffer2 to go and find the Alberta/Med. Hat group. We left Invariant and B sleeping together to get over the food poisoning/BBM manoeuvre. (I am very sad that I didn't get a picture of them sleeping together in the front of the truck).

After meeting up with the Alberta dudes (and suggesting they avoid the Denver Sandwich), Iggythump took us on some epic trails for most of the morning. There were only one or two very minor falls, and no major breakages. Towards the middle of the day we headed back to the Ranger's Station campground to find Invariant and B recovered from their ordeal (projectile vomiting and diarrhea). We then set out with these two hooligans leading the pack and attacked some more slightly more technical trails. We really put the bikes through their paces.

Then, after a number of trails we headed to the Centre Block where Kiffer1 and Kiffer2 headed back to Stoon. We all then decided to head back to camps and make a bee-line for home, as Sunday looked too wet to ride.

After packing up and heading out with Invariant and B, I got back to Stoon at 1:30 am in the morning, in the rain. My wife was not expecting me, so I scared her shitless by ringing the door bell and banging on the door.

Thanks for the great weekend of riding. I enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing old faces. It truly was an epic ride, but unfortunately, this ride will always be overshadowed by Snobear's unfortunate fall. I hope Snobear is able to let us all know how he is doing, and maybe he can explain exactly what happened.

Ride Safely and Get Dirty,

Scramble

Post subject: Re: Cypress 2012 SDSC
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:18 pm 

Snowbear, all my best wishes for a rapid recovery. Invariant and B, I really hope the ride back home wasn’t too bad? Wow, what an adventure, can’t wait to see the pics and videos. I was following Kiffer SPOT GPS tracker and checking the weather for updates and the rain, the rain and more rain… not the best week-end for a ride but you never know what’s the weather going to be like. Sramble thanks for the update.

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:57 pm 

I was back by 9:30 and missed all the rain :)

Yeah it was a major downer when we learned of his broken leg.

We got away a little late sat. But we got some great riding in forsure.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 pm 

It was great to hook up down there on Saturday for a rip with the guys from Lethbridge and the Mad Hatters - a few good groups from the ADSMC. The trails they took us on were a ton of fun as usual. I'm sorry Chris and I wimped out Friday night - and Saturday night, but we were kind of on a downer after Snobear went down and we just wanted to relax a bit. It was good to meet John0270 as well. Sorry Ken and Brad got sick - I had eggs over-easy at Elkwater on Saturday morning and had no issues, so I'm not sure what happened there.

It'll be a Cypress ride that we'll remember! I'll try to post some video clips - especially of my crash on Thursday.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:48 pm 

I may have had a little fall myself!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:27 pm 

I'm sorry (I think) that I couldn't meet everyone last weekend. The roofer showed up to redo our roof after wind damage last winter, which meant removing the front step so it could be hauled away at the same time, which meant, well you know. I hope Snobear makes a full and speedy recovery.

2009 KLR

Post subject: Cypress 2012 SDSC
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:06 pm 

Any details how the crash happened?

Slipped on a corner or something?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Wasn't the best trip but I can't complain. Rode some good trails and met some new people which made it worth it. Snobear, hope your leg heals up quickly and you're out riding again soon!

Here is some video from the trip:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWc7oh6Aj_A[/youtube]

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 pm 

Great video, I'm not sure about Nisbet but Cypress I could definitely do it on my big GS but I need some good knobbies. 12 more months before the next one!

2019 F850GSA
2018 Multistrada 950
2016 WR250R

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:37 am 

Nice vid!

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides