[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Cypress 2012 SDSC
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post subject: Re: Cypress 2012 SDSC
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:25 pm 

At least I had the helmet cam running. Otherwise the fall would have been wasted! :lol:

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 pm 

Ha i was expecting maybe some tumbling lol..or swearing. Atleast you didn't end up in the fence

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:29 pm 

Thought I would add a few of my Cypress trip photos. I left Wednesday morning and took backroads from Yellow Creek to Clearwater Lake the first day then hooked up with the Chris's Thursday morning to carryon towards Cypress.

Going past Basin Lake north of Humboldt

I was outrunning rainshowers for part of the day

I don't usually go all out for lunch but decided to have it at the Young Golf Resort, not much of a crowd

The Riverhurst Ferry looking from the west

More Sask skies

Snakebite Canyon south of Demaine

Prairie Lake south of Beechy

Community pasture south of Beechy/Clearwater

Clearwater Lake

Road from Kyle to Whitebear

Whitebears mascot

Along the river south of Eston

The Ferry at Lancer

Going to Sceptre

The Great Sandhills

South to Maplecreek

Alkalia, it stinks, I took a bath in it unexpectedly

Looking across the esivoir into MapleCreek

A few Cypress Hills shots

It was shortly after this that I had my getoff.
A little shower had gone through and we were riding very slowly in the mud, front wheel plugged up and skidded out and my leg was laying crossways across a rut and the pannier fell across it just the wrong way causing the break. Just badass set of circumstances. I do really need to sit back and decide where I ride though as this will be two summers in a row that I will be layed up. I would like to think just isolated instances but the day before I saw two fellows go down that could have been a lot worse than it was and I do recall the fellow that was layed up all last summer with an ankle injury. I was very lucky to have a couple of great folks with me at the time which sure helped out

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:11 pm 

Great report!

Tag line sums it up, get better and it's great you had the company you did.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:30 am 

That was an unlucky fall Snobear. I think those are questions I should ask myself as well. Get better quickly.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides