[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Regina to Lumsden and Craven
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 am 

Spent the last two days riding around between Regina, Lumsden, and Craven, and fishing a few spots. No luck on the fish. I stayed off the hiway and kept to gravel and cut lines (are they called cut lines down south here, where there's actually nothing to "cut" through? I'm from somewhere that has, ya know, trees). First day I went through Deer Valley to Lumsden. Nice gravel the whole way, lots of twists and turns, part of it is up out of the valley, and part is right down in the bottom. Great scenery, nice old farm yards and such. Second day I went straight north which turned into dirt between farmers fields. Who knew the prairies were so pretty! I learned my lesson in a muddy spot, otherwise kept it upright, and had a great time avoiding the rest of the muddy spots.

Attachments:
File comment: I put this one through a filter to brighten it up.
IMG_3457.JPG
IMG_3457.JPG [ 941.76 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]
IMG_3447.jpg
IMG_3447.jpg [ 788.47 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]
IMG_3448.jpg
IMG_3448.jpg [ 824.3 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]
IMG_3445.jpg
IMG_3445.jpg [ 856.82 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]
File comment: Regina to Craven
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 119.59 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]
File comment: Supposedly fish in there, not according to my luck.
IMG_3436.jpg
IMG_3436.jpg [ 893.02 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]
File comment: deer valley
photo copy.JPG
photo copy.JPG [ 109.1 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 am 

Huh. Newbie mistake. The pictures are in the wrong order. Bottom up is chronological, not top down.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 pm 

Looks like you found some nice spots there. I've always maintained that the riding in Sask is spectacular - you just have to know where to look.

Thanks for the report.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm 

I was skeptical of finding much to look at on the prairies, but now that I'm getting off the main hiways, I admit, it's not so bad. Thanks for reading my first trip report :)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm 

Hi Shorty
I've started riding around the Regina area this year also - Have you found any other new trails this summer?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:13 pm 

I've been out to some sand pits north of town, and seen the ones in Pilot Butte but not been on them. Going to check out Kinookimaw trails by Regina Beach tomorrow. That about all I've seen so far, but hope to find more! What do you ride? Have you fund anything fun in the area?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:03 am 

Kinookimaw. It's not the biggest place, but at least it's something!

Attachments:
IMG_3877.jpg
IMG_3877.jpg [ 862.57 KiB | Viewed 873 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 am 

I've got a Kawasaki 650klr. I've mostly found the gravel roads east of the lake.
Were is the Kinookimaw trail? Just northwest of Regina Beach?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm 

Yep, that's the place!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am 

Hi Guys

I have started back riding this year and have spent quite a bit of time riding in the valley. Lots of interesting areas to explore. In May we headed to Glendive Montana and had a great time riding the OHV areas. Tons of trails for all riding abilities. I also spent a week up around Whelan Bay riding the snowmobile trials. Planning for Moab in November. I am riding the valley tonight so I hope to run into you sometime.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides