[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Saskatoon to Kaslo BC and Back
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:32 am 

Corney, if you check this I will likely be in the Cranbrook area August 1 to 3, and I plan to explore the TCAT from the Crowsnest Pass to Radium on one of those dates. Most of it I have done before, but there will be two short stretches of new stuff. If you're interested and you see this post we could hook up - you'll LOOOVE the route I'll show you. I'll PM you my cell #.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 am 

Well we made it back yesterday from our adventure! Met up with one of our group on the ferry at Balfour, mxbulldog was on his way back from a trip up north to the dempsters. Nice to chat with him.

Didn't meet up with kiffer, did you end up going on your mission.

I will try to post some pictures and a bit of a trip report once I get caught up on all the stuff I neglected while I went on this trip. We always have to pay to play don't we?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:46 pm 

Making it back on two wheels is the first step to a good write-up.

Making it back on more than 2 wheels means you "paid even more to play".

Looking forward to the pics and writeup.
J

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 pm 

Nice meeting you guys on the ferry! Weird that we all live close but need to meet up like that. I made it home that night. Rolled into my yard at 21:30 after laying down a little over 1100km. Needless to say it was a long hot slab home. Total trip mileage was somewhere above 10000km but my trip odometer on my GPS just showed bars after rolling over 10000km and I didn't notice for a long time.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:19 am 

We made it to Bow Valley just west of Medicine Hat. We have a hard time with 750 km. Have to maybe trade my KLR for a Beemer! Even with the after market seat my @55 goes numb every hour. It was hot that day as well and I find that tires me out.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm 

It was a slog but it was doable. My ass was sore by the end of the day because that BMW seat is no screamin hell either!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 am 

haha a friend and I were at lussier hot springs around that time, saw the google street view car and got our pictures taken
followed the google map street view last month and at the end the guy took a picture of himself having a squirt haha

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 pm 

We're you on dual sports Jon ? The hot springs are awesome, taking my Bride there next year on a truck trip.

Gotta get round to posting pictures and a write up, was a great trip!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm 

I was lucky enough to ride the Grey Creek Pass Aug 2009.
The ride was great from Maple Creek Sk. Gravel roads to Milk River Ab.
Gravel and pavement to Cranbrook where I set up tent.
A bitter sweet trip as when I got home one of my 2 pug dogs was dead on the couch. :(
He was 10 years old. Our Vet says the heat got him.
I would ride the Grey Creek pass again!!
Timmy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 pm 

The last time you lost one of your two pugs! It must be really something?

I might try the pass in my truck, my bride sometimes doesn't have a sense of humour about my adventures :x

I just keep telling her it would be longer to go back! Just a little further?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Trip Reports and Epic Rides