[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Ha Ha XR650R
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Flea Market

Post subject: Ha Ha XR650R
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:43 pm 

My old XR650R is for sale again! And he wants $200 more than I sold it for in 2013. Fourth time I've seen it come up for sale since!

I did the rear rack and black plastic. And built the wiring harness and electrical system for the lights and horn from scratch.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motoc ... nFlag=true

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post subject: Re: Ha Ha XR650R
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 am 

its been up for a few months now, decent looking bike!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:28 pm 

I Hear those are a bugger to start after they get warm but are otherwise awesome.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:02 pm 

i've ridden one a couple time, there was a very specific procedure to find tdc and then it wasn't bad, flood it or not follow the procedure and it meant lots of kicking.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:49 pm 

Once you had the technique down it started easily, 2nd or 3rd kick cold and usually 1st kick warm. But as dbir says, if you screw it up be prepared to exhaust yourself trying to get it going. Flaming out on steep hill climbs was a nightmare.

Good bikes though. Honda made a great product back then. Instead of killing this bike they should have scrapped the old XR650L and put signals and an e-start on the 650R. What were they thinking - they'd rule the dual-sport world!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Flea Market